Thread: Aluminum Welding

Default Aluminum Welding

Who does good work welding aluminum? I broke off one of my skegs tonite , and I'm told it's an easy repair . . .

I also ned to extend my radar arch to fit my dinghy underneath, might as well get both done at once . . .

Thanks,

SH

CWM does great work.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

SH,

Check your PM's.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I'd heard something about taking precautions when welding a skeg back on. Something to do with the leg getting hot and being bad for the oil inside. Don't know the right way to do it, but maybe something to think about or to ask the welder.

Not to hijack but if anyone who responds is here does custom work on the side, shoot me a PM. I have a small project that needs some aluminum tubing bent and a bit of welding.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed