Thread: Heating my Sea Sport 2400XL

Default Heating my Sea Sport 2400XL

I have a SeaSport 2400xL powered by a 250hp outboard and I'm trying to figure out how to get some cabin heat into it. I tried a Big Buddy portable heater but don't like the condensation that comes with propane. anyone have any experience with anything like the Wabasto or Espar type heaters, or anything that might work? I'm having difficulty figuring out where to mount one like that.

With out an engine in that spot there is room there, ya just have to get the exost up out of the splash zone. Behind the table is some room too. With eather heater the kit comes with everything. I favor the wabasto, less do dads to deal with.

Thanks for the tip. Which Webasto in what type of boat do you have? I'm wondering if the 2000 is big enough for my Seasport 2400XL. Did you use a AK dealer?

I've got a Webasto AT3500 in my 30' SeaSport. Works great. If you're thinking about Webasto, recommend you give these folks a call. I've found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

http://www.suremarine.com/

Another option you might consider is a Wallas stove/heater. A lot of people seem to like them.

Default Espar

I would go Espar all the way. Get the D2 or D4. We did an installation on a few boats this winter and turned out great. You'll save about $1000 from the Webasto or Wallas and works very well. PM me if you want info on it. We were out in 14 degree weather in an aluminum boat and it got so hot everyone was out of their sleeping bags.

My father-in-law has a Wallas on his 30' Sea Sport. Nothing beats trolling and cooking breakfast at the same time!