Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolled some more....

Default Rolled some more....

just got back from the gulf coast,took a seven and a half foot blackie on the second day and this nine two brownie on the fifth day, saw lots of black bears, few browns but the hunt went really well. good clients make for good hunts!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Is that 9,2 stretched or laying flat? What was the green score on the skull?
    I shot a 7-2(stretched) blackie years ago. That was one big bear.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Right on BRWNBR. Great pic.
    You could add a bit to the story though.
    Thanks for posting.

Nice going Jake. Give us some more hunt details after a couple good night's sleep!

Default Great

NICE looking Blackie, post a pic of the Brownie when you get time!!
    Congrats
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Cool BRWNBR! Nice pic When you get a chance we're waiting for the details

Default Nice bears

Congrats-- looks like you are starting the season off very well. Feel free to post some more info of the hunt details.

its nine two flat, not strecthed, skull i think was right at 25", i wasn't there for the sealin' but i rough taped it.
    floated a river full of hooligan, brownies were slow, a few local tiny things running around but nothing worth takin'. this one cut the corner in the river, started woofin' at us at 90 yards and the client nailed him hard, with his .338, bear dropped rolled and ran like the dickens...went about 90 yards, lost his trail once but was able to sort him out in the brush, luckly he got to where it opens up before cashin' in his chips. Rubbed up pretty good. Clients second animal bigger than a jackrabbit in 20 years of hunting..his black bear two days earlier was his first! was a fun hunt, weather was ok, light rain everyday.
    Master guide 212

Smile nice

Now thatís what guided hunting should be like. What a fun hunt. Thatís one lucky client. I cannot believe that people would book with a huge outfitter with 17 clients in camp when there are hunts like this available. Congrats to a hard working guide!
    ďI come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. ď Fred Bear

Wow. Good hunt.

Brett

Good job bro, nice looking bear.

Nice work, Jake!

No spring Kodiak hunts this year?

Looks like you kick started '09 pretty well!

Good luck the rest of the year.

Chris

Good job Jake, sounds like you had a happy hunter. Where's the pic of the black bear?

Sounds like a great hunt Jake, although the weather could have been better. Congrats to you and your client,

thanks guys, its just neat to be able to share expereinces like these with people who are super charged about it! not like their 40th bear or anything, this is a dream that actually comes true..what a killer time to spend with someone!
    the black bear pics are horrible, it was raining and he was falling down a ravine about to slip under the snow shelf and i wasn't about to start rollin' him around to get pics, the client was burnt and not much left in him so we just took one to show we were there and got to work. Wish they'd have been good pics, he was a super bear.

Didn't pull any spring tags for kodiak this year, waiting on the draw to find out for this fall now!!
    Master guide 212

Jake, lets see a picture of that black!

don't say i didn't warn you!! lol sometimes photo time just don't work out so good!
    Master guide 212

That's not a bad pic Jake - did your client have a little love tap from his scope?

Default Congrats Jake and to your client

Man those pics really stirred up the juices AGAIN.....I'm still giving that July bowhunt over the salmon streams for Silvertips consideration. Maybe 2010 or 11....seeds for the future.

The important thing is I know that you'll be my guy if/when I yank on the trigger, I've just got to get over this mental block thing about being guided....
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Good.

That Black Bear pict aint bad, its the reality called "Hard work", and I'm sure it'll be a more memerable picture than any other that guy has from hunting....., thats what I see!...

The author Patrick McManus call'd it a "Fine and Pleasant Misery"
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast