Thread: Summit lake area???

Default Summit lake area???

Was looking around this last Sunday. Found a couple of road trails leading into the backcountry. Doea anyone have knowledge about ATV use on them???? Just an " in general "question. Are ther wheeler trails in the area???

Joseph

Summit Lake on the Kenai, Summit Lake near Paxson, or Summit Lake south of Cantwell... (there's probably more ) ??
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Summit Lake on the Kenai, Summit Lake near Paxson, or Summit Lake south of Cantwell... (there's probably more ) ??
    That was going to be my question....?

Default Summit lake Trails

Summit lake on the Kenai?????????

Thanx/Joseph

Default Mining roads

There is one primitive road that goes back to an active mining operation and I believe it branches off in a couple other directions to additional mining sites. Most of the route is visable on GoogleEarth. The road crosses a very steep slide area complete with a crumbling edge and off/camber travel surface which creates a certain amount of pucker factor depending upon your perspective and amount of active rockfall at the time. I think it's a RS2477 route or potential RS2477. I looked it up one time, but I don't remember. Check it out. It's hardly worth the trip for such a short ride, but new places are always fun to explore.

Coaldust hit it right on the button. I don't even bother to bring my wheeler to the Kenai Penn. when I come down. Very limited opportunities down there.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Summit lake trails

Thanx for the info. Basically I am looking for acess to black bear hunting area,s. it looked like the road I was on curved back to a valley??

Joseph

Default Route

That's the one. It goes back about 1 1/2 miles with lots of thick alder.