Thread: Homer Fishing trip May 15-19, anything biting?

Default Homer Fishing trip May 15-19, anything biting?

Anyone having any luck out of Homer yet? Anything within an hour out of port?

Thanks!

The halibut fishing is getting better every day, I went with a charter boat buddy of mine twice last week, we got some nice fish 70 being the biggest. This time of the year is good for H fishing in the kelp beds you never know what might be around!!!!! We also had a wide open bite on black rock, fish the jigs werent even making it down to the bottom before getting hammered... super fun! Just try and throw back the females, this time of year they are easier to distinguish from the males because they are super bloated and you can see a little orange roe poking out. Kings have been spotty. If you are looking for a charter my buddy has a FISHY six pack boat. If you are interested shoot me a message and I can give you the details. Oh yea, good timing the Anchor opens for Kings 1201 am Saturday the 16th. Good luck.

Default anchor

wonder how busy the anchor will be for the opener....the wife and I will be giving it a go.

You should have no trouble getting into a few halibut. Kings should get better with everyday that goes by. Lots of chicken patches and other good halibut spots inside the bay.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.