Thread: Ash deposits on the Kenai Penn.

Default Ash deposits on the Kenai Penn.

I was looking to hear how bothersome, or trivial, the Redoubt ash fallout on the KP is in areas such as, Skilak, Cooper Landing, Kenai/Solodotna, Moose Pass etc. is.

Default Ash fall

Most of the Ash fell from Anchor Point south. Nothing to speak of from Soldotna to Cooper Landing.
    Good luck in your endeavors.

When was the last ash fall on the Kenai? I flew over Redoubt Thursday and it was spitting out some ash, but nothing major. It was being blown southwest. I was in Cooper landing a week and a half ago and no ash then.

soon to be back in Alaska

Not Kenai, but I was in hatchers pass last weekend and once you get off trail you will start kicking up ash. I did not have a problem with it, but those with alergies or asthma might have to work slowly.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

Default Kenai

None in Kenai itself, but some starting just north of the refinery out toward Nikiski. Nothing too bad though, just sucked raking!! I think trivial describes it perfect.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Good reports for sure, thanks for the come back.

I've been down 3 of the last 4 weekend on the Eastern and Central Kenai Pen and other than some dirty snow in places nothing much to speak of.