Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior Black Bear Hunting

Default Interior Black Bear Hunting

Anyone hunting blackies in the interior have any luck yet (baiting or glassing)? My bait has been out 2 weeks now, but has yet to be hit. I know its a bit early yet, I am just getting anxious.

AKShawn

Default Patience

If you are North of Fairbanks you have to wait it out. With the warm weather last week it must have woken most of the bears. Because our temperatures have not been consistent and there is little in the way of greens to eat I have a projection.

Once a bear, or bears, find a bait station they are not going to leave it until there is good foraging due to Mother Nature. I think bear hunting in the interior is going to be good this year.

Normally it is late May and early June before it really heats up in the interior. Just hang in there and check you bait every four or five days if you have that much bait in it. The cardinal sin in bear baiting is running out of bait. When that happens the bears will move on.

Default Luck

Anyone out there have any luck?

Checked my bait tonight and it was hit up north. Set out a camera today also. Maybe some pictures in a few days.

Smile

hey there sir, how far north are you? im about 200 miles north of anchorage how far are you?

Default their out

I got one on tuesday night south of fairbanks somewhere . the stand has had 4 differnet bears on it so far by looking on trail cam and we got a 5'9" so far. There are at least 2 others that are almost 6' from the cam pics. Be patient they are here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Interior

Nice work TJ, always good to have a confidence boost in the Interior. I have been anxious to see some decent bear activity in the Fairbanks area and now you have provided some of that proof. In any case I'm baiting in the YTA and am hoping to find similar evidence of Ursa activity.

Will

I got out and tried calling last night- no bears but saw blackie tracks.

Checking baits again tonight. <fingers crossed>

Default 4 Bears In

TJ,
    It's nice to see you posting pics of the bears you are bringing on our product.
    I'll check into getting you a discount next year. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Due to our busy schedule, my husband and I have not been able to get out there much. Therefore, our only means of hunting is over our laptop As crazy as it may sound, we do look forward to sitting down and seeing what is coming into "our" stands. Believe it or not your bait station has become ours.
    Best of Luck
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default hey Jess we are headed out.

daughter and i are headed out for 3 days of bear spotting tonight... then only 2 days of school left and we are of on our big adventure.

busy busy busy...

but jess i have 2 stands a mile apart. one with ( thank you) and one with out.... with is the newest stand. with out s 4 years old. so it will be interesting .. and fun...

will check in monday/tuesday on this one... thurday headed to Kenia Pen. saturday head home to grizz mountian. gotta be some bears in between also.

late lunch thursday in wasilla?on our way by?

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Interior numbers

I just had mine sealed at F&G and they said I was the 4th black bear of the season to be sealed in the Fairbanks area. His official measurments were L: 11 1/8" W: 6 3/8" for a total of 17 1/2" on the skull and the hide was 5'8".

I will be going out with my friend again this weekend to help him get his now and hope to have more pics to post. Good luck all -tonyjoe-

My bait is a good bit north of Fairbanks and I checked it last night, hasn't been touched. Smells good in there though, thanks to baitem907! We are on schedule for the first hits of the year this coming week, at least thats how its been in the past. First hits the 3rd week in May, hunting it the 4th week in May through till they rub! Things will pick up this coming week, especially with the warmer weather, it'll green things up quite a bit.

Wink I'm using 907 too but with different results

No blackies yet but they'll be in soon. Heres who did show up! Do the moose just come to smell it or taste it? I have a hard time believing they eat a whole lot. The dates and times below are false.

Went out last night... Bait was messed with, but I think maybe just squirrels. I think I may take another ride tomorrow night. Anyone know of any grease or beaver carcasses up for grabs?

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dogg View Post
    No blackies yet but they'll be in soon. Heres who did show up! Do the moose just come to smell it or taste it? I have a hard time believing they eat a whole lot. The dates and times below are false.
    Good looking grizz none the less!

Default Bears are out

Saturday 23 May

Put in a stand earlier this week on Tuesday. Went out today to check. It had been hit hard! If any of you happen to shoot a bear with a Stealth Cam hanging out of it's mouth, please contact me because I would like my camera back!

The strap and plastic clips were still attached to the tree. Looks as if he took one swipe and knocked it down. Looked for about 45 minutes and could not find it.

Found a large scat pile, spring plug I anticipate. You can bet someone will be awaiting this bear when he returns! I will post pics if I get the camera back and the SD Chip wasn't chewed up!

Default got hit

I got hit last monday, and yesterday. I sure hope I get to stick this pig. (the 2nd bear)

Default couple more

Here's a pic of him eating my leather gloves that I forgot and left on the barrell.

Default This guy started hittin on the 15th

How big would you guys judge this one? Im gonna say 5' 1/2- 6' average interior bear. It seems they always look bigger than they are.

Goaty that is a nice cinnamon bear I hope you are able to connect with him.

f0zzy2 I agree with your size assessment on that blackie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast