Thread: Whittier Report

Default Whittier Report

My father was in town so a buddy with a boat took us to PWS for the day yesterday. We were lucky with the road getting open. Went well as we made the five am tunnel with very little delay. It was free through the tunnel also.

The water was like glass and just a beatuiful day.

We first headed down to Port Nellie Juan and into McGlure (sp) bay. Still snowed in with no sign of animals. The snow at the beach to get into the woods was at 6 to 8 feet in some spots.

We then headed north to I believe Eglek Bay. Much, Much less snow. we saw one bear, but he took off before we could get to shore. My dad came with me for a little hike, we found the tracks of where he was running through the snow, they were two inches shorter than my Dad's boot, he has a size ten on. Seems to me like it was a good size blackie. (first time hunting them)

We had a blast cruising and glassing. I was the one hunting so my Dad and friend Mark enjoyed the ride. Great trip.

It is always great when my Dad comes up if we can get out together and enjoy the outdoors. That was something we did a lot when I was growing up.

Eric

sounds like a great trip
    just south of culross is McClure bay, i'm guessing that is where you were nice place always lots of snow this time of year
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default yes south of culross

Yes that is where we started and then went north.