Thread: Honeybee Lake (Nancy Lakes) report...

Default Honeybee Lake (Nancy Lakes) report...

Lake was completely ice-fee and fish were fairly active....I managed to pick up 3 'bows and two big char in 2hrs. The 'bows were 13-14" while the 2 char were easily 20". All were taken on bead head leaches trolled behind my canoe. The wind was a bit of an issue, otherwise I would have been out longer...

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great day on the water and thanks for the report
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default char?

Sounds like some char made it throught the short creek from Lynne Lake to Honeybee. They only stock rainbows in honeybee if I remember correctly. It's completely feasible that they did. Are you sure you were in Honeybee and not Lynne? Lynne is the upstream lake that empties into Honeybee.

Quote Originally Posted by Charholio View Post
    Sounds like some char made it throught the short creek from Lynne Lake to Honeybee. They only stock rainbows in honeybee if I remember correctly. It's completely feasible that they did. Are you sure you were in Honeybee and not Lynne? Lynne is the upstream lake that empties into Honeybee.
    Yep, definitely Honeybee Lake...definitely a Char (or 'dolly' if you want to argue the species. : ) I've fished both of these lakes extensively over the years and have seen fish move through the creek (mostly rainbows) when it's running high. Last Saturday, the creek was much higher than normal....probably a result of the spring thaw. Bizarre!