Thread: should I buy ANOTHER .30-06???

Default should I buy ANOTHER .30-06???

Hehehe, I have a bolt action .30-06, savage 110 pre accutrigger, & it shoots like a charm! I've just been offered a Rem. 700 .30-06 to be purchased, & am humming & haaing of whether or not I should buy it...I know I don't need ANOTHER one, but it would be nice to see the two next to each other in a head to head competition match to see which one is the most accurate. I don't know, what would you do?

I think, for what its worth, one can never have too many quality .06's.

Thumbs up

The Remington 700 is a quality firearm. If it's in good gondition for a good price take it!

I agree. Besides if you ever send one in for some smith attention you wouldn't want to be without one handy would you? It just makes good sense to have a spare one laying around.

Default buy it

I would buy it so I would understand just how lucky i was to have the savage!

Remingtons are nice but I bet you find out your Savage is way more accurate.
    Why not wait and try to find a used Win 70 crf instead? This way you end up with a totally different rifle instead of 2 push feeds and the Win will hold 5 in the magazine as well.
    Tennessee

Thumbs up well probably...

If you have kids and grandkids I would say get it for them, I gave my daughter my Win. Mod. 70 "Classic Stainless Featherweight" 30-06 , it has a walnut stock. Thought she should have it since she has made gut piles with it. I kept the pre-64 Featherweight 30-06 for my self. Long live the 30-06!

Why not just get it if you have the money, I mean it is a 30-06. You might want to get a Control Feed rifle in 06 some day and the Mod 70 or Ruger M77 would be good choices. I think you will find the Savage more consistent in accuracy but a Rem can shoot good.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Red face Well, I done did it...

at the breakneck price of $350...with Weaver scope rings...I hope my wife don't get mad, but I will tell her it's for the kids...

At the last gun show I was at I did not see a single 06 that was not either a complete junker or a way over priced 03 or 1917 or mauser conversion. There where plenty of 300 WM and up rifles though. I would think that you could resell it fast if need be so you may as well get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bandhmo View Post
    At the last gun show I was at I did not see a single 06 that was not either a complete junker or a way over priced 03 or 1917 or mauser conversion. There where plenty of 300 WM and up rifles though. I would think that you could resell it fast if need be so you may as well get it.
    re-sell? Why would anyone sell a gun? I am sorry I just don't understand what you are getting at here

Guns are to be purchased and inherited

With that Savage 110 being so lonely all these years, how could you not buy the Rem to keep it company?
    Good choice buying it!

Marshall/Ak

Wink Gee thanks!

Now I need to buy another scope...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    re-sell? Why would anyone sell a gun? I am sorry I just don't understand what you are getting at here

Guns are to be purchased and inherited
    I sold one gun in my life. A 1890 Winchester .22 in 1983,$75 Lesson learned. 30-06 two pre war M70s,1951 M70, Rem 742 and 760, 1903 Springfield