Thread: Taurus .41 magnum

Default Taurus .41 magnum

Friend bought a .41 magnum Taurus Tracker about a year ago,,maybe 100 factory rounds thru it. Today we went shooting and about three times the cylinder wouldnt budge ,couldnt fire the next round.I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. Fidgeted with it and it finally revolved and shot...What gives?? Any ideas... We bought the gun new.

I haven't had any issues with mine after lots of rounds down range. Although from a hand load point of view the cylinder is a bit short for some of the longer bullets. Might be the problem there.

yeah dave i could see that too with the handloads.. but not one handload shot thru gun. All factory fodder. She noticed twice ,then i was shooting it and it happened to me.Pulled trigger and the cylinder wouldnt budge. Pisses me off,this is her fishing gun she carries while traveling thru the woods. Dont want this happening if confronted.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default I'd be concerned too.

Them thar parts are binding up in that gun for shore.

I understand you can ship it back for repair, for free.

It's too bad, you didn't know about the problem before now. The time to need it is upon us.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

My taurus tracker used to do a similar (If I understand whats happening) thing when I fired in single action. It was caused by a defect in the spring that latches the cylinder into place for firing. The cylinder would over rotate slightly and shave a slight piece of bullet off wich would wedge on the cylinder and jam the gun. It could be cleared up by opening the cylinder.
    I suggest that you send it back for warranty it takes about 2 to 3 week. That is the big positive for Taurus, they honor their warranty.