Thread: Lower Knik

Default Lower Knik

Looking at a trip down the lower Knik. I have read this is very tame class1. Anybody done this trip this year? any problem areas? Anything you think I should know? I will be in a 16ft self bailer. THanks in advance.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

if you are floating from bridge to bridge its pretty simple. stay to the south channel from the old glenn bridge then at the split take the right channel and that will take you past the mouth of matanuska river. when you see the new glenn bridge get to the right as the launch is right there. lots of shallow water and its pretty difficult to read due to all the silt

THanks for the info. I am going tomorrow. Wife says she wants to float for mothers day. And people what to know why I love her so much. I was thinking it would an easy run close to home. I live in Wasilla. We did the willow from the parks to the Su last weekend and had a great time. I am open to suggestions. I just want a new piece of water tomorrow. I am new to the rafting world so easy is best. Got an ideas?