Thread: Minto Pike fishing

Default Minto Pike fishing

I'm looking to run the chatinika out to minto flats for some pike fishing.

do you guys out there have any insight??? water condition, how far to go???

I'm running an 18" tunnel hull alweld with a 115 outboard.
    Any info would be helpful

THANKS,

I go down Murphy Dome road every year but some people think it's the road is too rough. Once you put in at the bottom it's about 14 miles (I think that number is right but I'm in Iraq so the waypoints are on my gps at home) down river to the confluence of a slough the comes in from the left. You can take that all the way into the flats. We usually go in July every year. Last year the fishing wasnt the great but the year before was outstanding. I've got an 18' tunnle with and 80 horse. The first 3 or 4 corners are pretty shallow with lots of rocks after that it's smooth sailing. I try to turn off my motor once in awhile and listen for other boats because it is such a narrow river. You'll have to keep an eye on the forum and see what the condition is at the bottom of the road. Last year it was really rutted up and I ended up tearing the spear tire off my trailer. It was mounted on the side but I've got it up on top now. I belive you can put in at the village of minto but there is mixed reviews on leaving your vehicle there. There are a few people on here with a lot more knowledge than I have, I'm sure they can help you out.

I was down there last summer and you better have a winch to get through the ruts.

Quote Originally Posted by cool_husker View Post
    I was down there last summer and you better have a winch to get through the ruts.
    Down there last year myself and without a doubt agree about the winch.

Doug

Bring tire chains for the mud/rut holes at the bottom of the road.

It is 15 miles or so from the landing to the mouth of Goldstream creek. It is about 7 miles or so up Goldstream creek to the "caches". From there take the slough that heads up into the lakes. Be careful when running on goldstream creek as it is just a very narrow, deep windy ditch. There isn't very much room if you were to meet a boat coming the other way. Good luck fishing and let us know how you do.

Just for a few other options: you can launch in Nenana and run up, Minto village, and Manley. Every option either means you drive a ways boat or car. Minto and Manley have gas as well.

Lots of older threads will give you directions.

Make sure you post pictures and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by akshrop View Post
    Just for a few other options: you can launch in Nenana and run up, Minto village, and Manley. Every option either means you drive a ways boat or car. Minto and Manley have gas as well.

Lots of older threads will give you directions.

Make sure you post pictures and have a good time.
    If you put in at Nenana you had better go down rather than up or you will end up back in Fairbanks

Roger that Raven. Thanks for pointing that out. I was not intentionally sending folks in the wrong direction.