Thread: EVENT - Fish, and Freedom Feast !

Default EVENT - Fish, and Freedom Feast !

I am/wasn't sure where to put this ... Mods, feel free to move as you wish.

See the Den's homepage for information about this great event! Good times!

Exclamation really makes me wonder...

where the money to book the center comes from, and where the money from ticket sales is going.
    no mention is made of exactly how this 2490 seat "benefit" will benefit any specific veterans group...
    anybody know how much it costs to rent the De'naina center?
    with only 9 days to promote the event how can the promoters hope to make a profit? ...
    bet you get a "free" SFW membership with each ticket.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Smile No worries

Visit the Outdoor Heritage Fund / Paralyzed Veterans Association / Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife websites (per the flier) and I am sure many of your question will be answered. But quickly, much of the monies committed thus far are from corporate, celebrity, and media supporters. Anything that still bothers you, give me a call and I will try to alleviate your concerns. Don’t get yourself too worked up about the profitability based on a short notice … let that be “their concern” as a promoter, not yours as the “attendee”. Relax and enjoy the show!

Thanks for posting this Paul, look forward to seeing you soon.

Quite a while ago SFW AK donated a very significant sum of money to me for our black bear hunt project for our wounded soldiers beginning on the 20th of May.
    See link-
    http://www.alaskasgreatoutdoors.com/...ear%20hunt.htm

We were asked to take part in this banquet quite a while ago prior to me having Aaron Tippin and Jim Zumbo confirmed as guests on the hunt for the benefit of our hunters.

With the assistance of organizations like SFW AK and SFW and many others we have been able to donate roughly 40k in cash and equipment in the state of AK, we donated a Huntmaster to Chena Lakes in North Pole last year, the Huntmaster will hydraulically raise a mobility impaired hunter appx 20ft off the ground to allow for a higher vantage point as well as for increased safety and we also donated 20k towards the fishing platforms on the Kenai river that allow for better wheelchair access.

Banquets like this one not only help the host organization, they are also of great benefit to programs like ours that do not have their own banquet type venues for fundraising.

Aaron Tippin and Jim Zumbo our taking part in this banquet on our behalf as they will be here with me for the bear hunt and I thought it would be a graet idea if Aaron could play a few songs and for Jim to say a few words and it would also give everyone attending the chance to meet them in a very causal environment unlike a secure concert venue.

For the 2010 bear hunt I already have Aaron Tippin, Jerious Norwood-Atlanta Falcons, Dave Stewart-Nashville Titans, Cody Spencer- Detroit Lions and Tim Rushlow-Little Texas, and I am VERY sure Jim Zumbo will be back with us once again. You can see from the list above as well as the sponsor list on my website that this is a very important project for many out there. Reps from many of the sponsor companies will be joining us on the hunt to assist or fill any role they are asked to assist with and they will also be with us at the banquet.

If I can answer questions for anyone please do not hesitate to send me a pm or email.

Doug

great post Doug!

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Thanks Kyle,

Looking forward to hunting with you!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dwhunter View Post
    bump to top

Some folks on the outside; at least intuitively, understand that more likely than not there is more to the story than music icons, athletes, wounded vets and other show and tell endeavors that motivate SFW 'leadership'.

Did it ever occur to any of you SFW folks that people like Hitler or Jones Town Jim or the Rev Moon were even able to develop cult type followers...people who believed the rehtoric and were unable or unwilling to look deeper and answer the tough questions?

Wink gee Av... i don't know....

this kool-aid is tasting pretty good....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

No need to ruin Paul's thread with your negativity.

Folks, there are other threads that discuss the merits of SFW. Let's not take this particular thread down that road. Thank you.

Wow! Hey guys – relax! If you (“homerave”) are that suspicious or you (“avalanche”) feel that merely attending the event is akin to joining the Nazi Party – please do not attend! You’ll bring everyone else down.

I am not a political creature; I look at the event as an “event”. Afterwards, if I feel like joining – I will, if I don’t feel like joining – I won’t (especially if I am asked to partake in genocide or a mass suicide). I don’t know all the in and outs of the various organizations, again the “Fur, Fish and Feathers” event looks lto be an enjoyable evening. That being said, if I have issues with something, and feel it absolutely necessary that I be heard – I attempt to articulate those concerns and not just cast aspersions or draw comparison to one of the most truly evil acts of human history. So, if you have something of value to communicate – I am all ears and I will openly consider your stand.

With no information posted to the contrary – I still believe this is going to be a lot of fun!

Cheers,
    Paul