Thread: fluid bed

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default fluid bed

you can make a powder coating system cheap and use your oven in your own home for small parts and fishing lures. you will need a piece of 2" pvc a little taller than what you plan on powder coating a 2 inch coupler, a hose barb, aquarium air pump for 15 to 30 gallon tank, silicone piece of plexi glass or metal 3" x 3", and a piece of allergy pillowcase or coffee filter. also a valve should be installed in the line to fine tune the airflow.

the hose barb needs to be the right size to accomodate the hose that comes with the aquarium. drill a hole and install to bottom side of the pvc coupler. the coupler needs to be siliconed to the piece of plexi so that the hose barb is on the bottom and needs to be airtight. take the piece of pillow case and put it over one end of the pvc and install into the coupler after the silicone dries. hook up you airline and the bottom is the air chamber, pour your powder in the top and the air will push the powder up "fluidizing" it. heat whatever you plan to powder to 350 and dip into the fluid bed. after removing form the fluid bed tap off any excess and repeat once if need be. finish baking off at 350 for 20 minutes and you have a tough powder coated product.

How about a photo? I am connectic learner

George

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

heres a tutorial i found from someone else. my camera is not working so ill do it the easy way. i just use nonthreaded pvc and the hardest part is going to be finding what membrane works best for you. the following are all used with varying results. lunch sack, allergy pillow case, coffee filter. there are probably more but im not thinking of them at the moment.
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...ad.php?t=65633