Thread: How to clean Polarfleece?

Question How to clean Polarfleece?

Does anyone have a good method to get dog hair off of polarfleece? It always seems that there is just as much retriever hair on my polarfleece shirts, vests, and jackets when I take them out of the laundry as there was when I put the dirty gear in the washer. I always wash straight cold water with minimal soap, then run either air fluff or low dryer settings depending the weight and durabliity of the fleece. Lint rollers will hardly make a dent in the hair as it practically seems to become imbedded in the fleece fibers. Anyone come up with a trick that works?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

No dog here so I don't usually have this issue, but perhaps you could try a shop vac.

stimpy

I got big time dog hair on my fleece jacket. I used a lint brush first, then ran the jacket through the washer. It still had hair on it. I repeated the cycle and it worked. I hate dogs that shed.

I saw somthing at NOMAR down here in Homer, it was kinda like a pumis stone, I dont rember the name of it, but check there. Nice Alaskan made fleese too.
    http://www.nomaralaska.com/clothing.htm

Have you tried the old duct tape trick where you make a loop of the tape with the sticky side out and put that over your 4 fingers and pat & kind of rub if need be the material with it. The fleece might grab the hair too well for that to work, but I've heard that If it can't be fixed with duct tape it can't be fixed.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

the only success with pet hair i have had in the past is to run the air fluff mode in the dryer (or whatever it is called) with no heat, and a clean lint tray, for a couple of hours. repeated washings helps as well.

My boxers are short hair dogs, but thier hair gets every where. I just use one of those tape roller things and they seem to get all the hair out of my polar fleece jackets.