Thread: New To Reloading, Supplies?

Default New To Reloading, Supplies?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there were any plans in the Fairbanks area to do a bulk order anytime soon for powders/primers. I'm extremely new to hand loading, and was wanting to get started with it, but supplies are non-existent around here, which makes it a bit tough to get started.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew of a pending bulk order of primers / powder that may be going out in the next month or two, so that I could get enough to get started with. Otherwise, if you have any tips for places in the Fairbanks area that may have any stock, I'd be thankful to hear of them.

So far I've checked on Sentry and Frontier Outfitter pretty regularly, but it's pretty hit and miss for primers as well as powder (as expected), and I seem to always miss the shipments by a day or two.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

This was posted 2 hours ago in the "Retumbo" thread. Get over there fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC View Post
    There are a couple lbs of Retumbo and 7828ssc at Frontier right now. The North Pole Sentry has H1000 if that interests anyone.

Frontier just got a whole shipment of Alliant in yesterday as well. Lots of RL 15,19, and 25
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks, I'll check out FO tonight.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

was at the one on (fairbanks) third st, in town 2o min ago..

1 RL 19
    1 rl 25

left

some Vitories(sp??)

there was an RL 7... but it left with me

no primers.

sportmans whse this am.. had some small pistol primers out. 9mm, 45, etc on the end cap.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Lately Frontier seems to be the best bet thought they have not got much in in a month or so.

If you post what you are looking for, people may have something to sell you to get started.

Also keep an eye open on this board there have been some group orders for powder and a try at primers but even the net is out of them.

This was posted on the last Fairbanks order that Sergeima and Ronster are finishing up now.

The thread title is:
    "Third Gen got Alliant powders, including RL22 - perhaps another Fairbanks order?"

That thread is the place to post what you need and here is a link to it.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=52297

Or you can start a new list thread like he describes in the quote below.
    And if you need info on how to take the lead on an order just say you are willing and any number of us that have done it will walk you through it.
    Happy to help all we can!

Quote Originally Posted by sergeima View Post
    I keep receiving PM from people who need powder. Please post your needs here (or start another thread) in precise terms, like
    I, ..., need X pounds of powder Y and I am willing to participate in the next group order (option - take a lead on this next order). As I just checked, the powder Y is available at online site Z as of now.

I am not saying that I will lead the next order soon. I am leaving for almost a month pretty soon and just can not do it. But I can tell step by step how it can be done with the publicly available forwarder Lynden Transport. Perhaps somebody will see that it is enough powder can be ordered with reasonably low s/h and decided to take a lead on the next order.

Seregeima
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona