Thread: Very Good POW King Fishing

Default Very Good POW King Fishing

Well, was going to go out today and use my downriggers to catch some big halibut, but ran into a mess of kings instead. It was "wide open" and my buddy and I grabbed our 2 kings each in about 15 minutes of fishing, once the tide slowed down. 3 out of 4 came on a spoon. It outfished herring. It was awesome and the kings looked like Black Bass on the Fish Finder they were schooling up so well at the tide change. Very easily could have caught and released more than 20 kings but stopped at 4, as I don't believe in catch/release king fishing due to mortality rates.

soon to be back in Alaska

nice looking fish.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

Nice, If thats where I think it is, I've caught alot of kings there!

Haha, I figured the shot of me would reveal much to those who know the water around here. Boy it felt good to hit kings like that.

thats the place I call my girlfriend in the bay right behind you. I dont like to share my girl. I think Ill go give her a kiss tomorow.thanks for beeing nice too her.

I dont see any birds....... where there any? nice job guys

I'll probably see you out there then. I'm going to be showing up around high water. Should have a nice chop to it tomorrow. It was kinda nasty out there today.

A few birds. Bait balls were thick though through that area and the sounder was showing good feed all through that drag. All 4 kings were packed with needle fish. Some big herring in the stomachs too.