Thread: Tying an inflatable to the top?

Default Tying an inflatable to the top?

I know this seems like too obvious a question to be asked, but here it goes. I just pumped up the inflatable and was wondering what the BEST way to tie or rachet strap it down? Something that will hold it down well, whether i towing the boat or running it in the water and not move around on me. Thanks for the inputs on this one.

David

On my 22ft Searunner I just strap it upside down bow forward and I use two ratchet straps one near the front other near the back. If I'm towing down the highway I take the inflatables bow line and secure to the bow of my boat just to make sure the wind doesn't try to lift it up.
    Dave

I use one rachet strap across the middle, bungie on each handle near the back, upside down, bow forward. It is on a roof rack that is about a foot off the roof, so the bow being upside down doesn't really block the windshield. Highway and on the water it works fine.

Default Safety Tie down

Pet Peave
    On the highway is one thing, a bow tie daow to the front cleat and one or two accross the middle.
    BUT
    On the water one in the middle using a haybinders knot. Remember you may not have the time too untie, un ratchet or cut 3 lines. Releasing the dingy in an Emergency needs to be fast and safe.

NOMAR down in Homer has stainless rachets, camlocks and hooks and can put together any length or color.

AK PIRANHA- WHAT IS A HAYBINDERS KNOT
    I CAN NOT FIND WITH GOOGLE OR IN CHAPMAN'S. YOU WILL HAVE TO COME BY AND SHOW ME! ARE YOU NORTH OR SOUTH RIGHT NOW
    http://www.animatedknots.com/
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER