Thread: New arrow/fletching/insert system on the market

Default New arrow/fletching/insert system on the market

While I was shooting at the Western Classic Trail Shoot in Redding last weekend I stumbled across a new arrow/fletching combination that looks very promising. I bought a dozen to try out and have been shooting them all week. As far as accuracy and consistency goes they are as good as any other carbon arrow I have tried. The slip in fletchings work like a charm and the glueless inserts haven't had any issues at all in any of my bag or broadhead targets yet. The only testing I haven't done yet is pass throughs through material. I will be doing that this weekend.

Broadhead spin-out was excellent and I didn't have to adjust a single one. However, with the set-screw insert you can easily reposition your broadhead if you need to adjust spin-out or like to align your heads with your fletch.

Essentially the rear end of the arrow has four slots cut into it that receive a four-fletch insert, much like tournament darts. There is a metal collar that slides over the area behind the fletch and a standard nock is inserted. The front insert uses a set screw that expands the insert to lock it in. It's a totally glue-less system. The fletches are some sort of super stiff nylon material and they are way tougher than any fletch I have worked with.

These are great arrows for those of us that don't like or want to shoot a drop-away for FOBS. No glue, no hassle re-fletching.

Anyway, check them out at www.megathrustarchery.com . I have no affiliation with them and shelled out $150 for a dozen on my own dime.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thumbs up

Those look pretty sweet. It is exactly like those used on throwing darts.... The target tips are an interesting concept too.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

The tips work really well on bag targets. I've been a target archer for a long time. I'm really particular on my equipment and so far they have made the grade for me as hunting arrows. They are a little heavy for my current target setup, but I intend on shooting them next year in Redding.

Interesting concept ,Darts Have the same Sliding the Fletch in to the slots.I like it .Bookmarked and will be checking it out,Along with the other 20 or so
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going

Bugger!!! No go with the whisker bisquit. They won't hold up. I've been shooting them all week and they have began to split the fletching. The fletching is made of two layers of rip-stop nylon looking stuff glued together. It's coming unglued with the abuse of passing through the WB. Looks like it's back to Blazers for me I won't switch to a drop-away for hunting. I think these arrows would be great on a shoot-through or drop-away rest.

I guess I'll set them up for my target bow. They do fly great and can be repaired on the course. Both pluses on a target course.

Lightbulb Octane Hostage?

Doug,
    The Octane Hostage rest might would with your new fangled vanes. Benefits similar to the WB, without the trauma to the vanes.

I don't think the hostage will work either. It uses a 4 vane fletching which means one of the vanes will probably hit brushes somewhere. I don't think the arrow could be positioned exactly right to clear the three brushes without some contact.

I put my hands on one of those arrows at Bear Paw the other day, looks pretty promising.

Doug,

Have you thought about one of the Trophy Taker drop aways? They use a cage around the rest so it is basically a capture/dropaway hybrid. It might be just what you need with that arrow.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Oops!

I should have paid closer attention to the 1st post under this thread, and I wouldn't have suggested the Hostage. Short lived good idea!

Mud- It's not the capture thing that keeps me with the WB for hunting. It's the super rugged simplicity. My friend says I could break an anvil with a banana.. Besides, who wants to change a rest so that I can shoot a certain type of arrow. What I have now works. My kid, who happens to like his drop-away, is getting the arrows.