Thread: May 14,15,16

Default May 14,15,16

Just bought an rv and we're looking for a good spot that has bank fishing (preferably salmon) that we can park the rv at where wife and daughter can relax and my boy and I can fish. We know nothing about southcentral rv camp sites available and thought I'd ask.
    The Crooked Creek at Kasilof looks ok but am worried the womenfolk might get bored.
    Any ideas for maybe along the coast for hitting the beach AND for fishing maybe?
    What about Homer? Seward?
    NO boat so only bank fishing for us.
    Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx.
    ChuckD

Homer should have a few kings milling around in the fishing hole. Stuff to do for the whole family with the beach combing, walk over to the shops on the boardwalk , and of course the fishing.

Do the girls mind getting dirty? I don't have a tide book in front of me but there's always clam digging if the fish aren't around. I'm sure the kids would love it. I would take mine but she's only a week old. I think I might wait a bit longer...

Default Good ideas

The kids love getting dirty. I checked the tides and there are no -tides then. We plan on going clamming later.
    I thought of Homer on the spit but wasn't sure about the fishing situation though.

Default oops

aknater,
    congrats on your new little one. A week old, hope you get some sleep
    Sorry I missed it in my last post

Default Memorial weekend woudl be better for clams

Quote Originally Posted by aknater View Post
    Do the girls mind getting dirty? I don't have a tide book in front of me but there's always clam digging if the fish aren't around. I'm sure the kids would love it. I would take mine but she's only a week old. I think I might wait a bit longer...
    Bad weekend for clams, great for Halibut.

Default Great.....

Now I can't find my tidebook at all! At least I tried to offer an idea...sorry it won't work out