Thread: RCBS Customer service

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up RCBS Customer service

hey i have to give a shout out ....

I orderd a used hand primer off ebay. and it came in missing the primer rod. ( seems) they fallout easy...

the seeler could not locate it so i ordered. one from Rcbs, and while i did i ordered up the small ones too....

so it went like this...

RCBS..."SIR? name, address, phone number....."

Vince..."Blala blaa blaa bllaaaa.."

RCBS..... this part number?

VInce...... yes and this one, and this one... too...

RCBS... "thank you have a nice day..."

Vince... "wait! how am i paying for this?"

RCBS.... "Your not, its under warrenty" have agreat day sir!!!

Vince.....""

Errrrrrr? OKAY!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Wow . . . too cool!!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have had similarly good experiences with RCBS as well, although I haven't had to call them more than once or twice in the past dozen years or so.

I had the same thing happen with a cracked carbide die from them. I had a replacment at my door in less than 3 days, no charge. Great customer service.

Default RCBS customer service

Bought a used RCBS die one time without a locking ring. Called RCBS to purchase a new one. Figured it wasn't their fault so figured I should purchase it. They wouldn't sell it to me. Sent it for free.
    Nice to see great customer service in this day and age.

Yup, you can't beat RCBS customer service.

Mike

Ditto. I stripped out the little set screw that holds the locking ring in place, and they sent me a little bag full of them for free... And told me to put a shotgun pellet (lead, 2 #8's or a single #6 work well) in the hole before I screwed the new set screw it, that it'd hold it's set better that way. They were right. I don't feel bad about buying RCBS stuff (shhhh... although I do prefer Redding or Hornady dies, but just by a tad.)

Brian

I had the same experience, but with a bullet puller. I was stupid and swung it on the concrete without tightening it all the way down and broke the collet. I told them what happened and the lady laughed at me before telling me that it was in the system to be shipped that day, free of charge.

They earned my business from there on out that day

I live 53 miles from them and made several trips there after I had bought a Green Machine due to probs. Jay Flores (now deceased) was the man in charge of the shop. After several visits he asked if I would trade the Green Machine for a RCBS 4/4 at no charge. Reason was they were having to much trouble with the Green Machine. Said yes, he thru the machine in the trash and said put my name and mailing info on the paper and he would fill in te rest. Couple years ago got a RCBS lubber/sizer in a box of stuff I had gotten in a trade. It was missing the handle. Called with C/C in hand eady to order. Put the card away its under warrenty will be in the mail this afternoon free of charge. Had a prob with my 10 10 scale. Charlie (guy in charge of the shop now) chewed me out good and said the reason they came with the cover is to keep dust out when not in use. Then gave me a new scale, no charge. Couple other minor things and they have said it was in the mail free of charge. Its real hard to beat customer service like that.
    Oh yea, waiting in the office is nice. Very attractive help working there.

Gun Runner

I started loading for large rifle cartriges (358win & 35rem) and when I got my first small rifle a hornet I found the SRP rod for RBCS hand primer was to short. I called RCBS and they sent one of proper length out the next day. Free fast and "helpfull".

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up

Got my pins today as promised, with a note that said shipped under their warrenty program...

gotta say i am impressed. with a warrenty that covers Ebay...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nice to know companies who take care of the people that keep them in business. Hey TJEN, how did things work out with the .358. I just received some Barnes TSX 225gr. for my .358 Win. I haven't loaded for this cartridge yet, any info?

I've had the same kind of customer service from RCBS. I dropped my Rockchucker press and broke one of the ears off it. I called and asked for a new frame, and what hte charge would be. No charge. They even told me to throw my old one in the trash and not bother shipping it back as there was no reason to pay the freight on something they would just be throwing away.

Now that's good service, and why I only have RCBS tools on my bench.

I bought an RCBS powder measure off eBay and wanted to buy the large powder chamber for throwing really big loads (>100gr.), the nice lady did just as previously posted; asked for my info and told me it would be in the mail. They get my biz.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Come On Now.

Isn't there someone who has had a bad experience with RCBS?

Not Meee.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Another one for RCBS

Ok, gotta bump this back up from the archives
    (Whew, I'm back to pg 18 from the end pg 55, readin' crazy)

So, back in Jan, I am reading the manual on my new Rockchucker stuff, it says the "Powder Measure needs to be cleaned to remove packing grease before loading powder thru it," So, I look up on the shelf, best thing for that would be...Brake Cleaner, right?

THE SECOND I pull the trigger on that to hose down the powder measure It Hits Me,"that's Plastic in there," the hopper I mean, the part that your'e supposed to "See-Thru", So yes, it instantly melts the plastic even as I am dashing to the sink to flush it with water, to no avail, permanently fogged

So I mention it on another post about reloading setup and one of the old timers suggests I try RCBS as they have a history of replacing stuff at no cost ??

A long while later, (cause who really needs to see the level anyway right, suck it up kid?), I finally get on the phone with them, determined to just be totally up front with what happened, "hey I'm having a little trouble with my powder measure, tell them the full story, and ask if maybe I can send it to them to replace the hopper part, fully giving them the option to charge for repair,
    Their response, "well, let's keep you from losing time at the bench, we'll get ya a new hopper in the mail today" along with some tips on how to replace the old one. No Charge,
    No Rolling of the Eyes, like you sometimes can hear on the phone, right? This guy is totally cool and I AM IMPRESSED

What a Great Business Strategy
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Dealings like that is enough to piss a guy off.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Amazing Customer Service

I want to also put out a good word for RCBS customer service. I am in the process of starting to reload. I found a used RCBS kit at a pawn shop. I knew some of the pieces were missing but thought it was a good deal anyways. When I got home I took full inventory of what was missing and sent an email to RCBS with the part numbers that were missing and asked about their availability and pricing. RCBS's response was an email to let me know they were in the mail - no charge. The invoice that came with the parts said "warranty service" I specifically said I had bought it used. WOW!