Thread: New bow!!

Default New bow!!

Well after buying my wife a Bowtech Equalizer this past winter and shooting it and feeling how little handshock it had and how smooth it was I must say I had a little bow envy. Well she decided to let me upgrade my '05 Parker Hunter Mag.

So this is what I got:

A bowtech general.

Its not the fastest bow on the market, but is a 8+" brace height it ought to be very forgiving (good for me ) and silky smooth.
    Look forward to getting this thing setup and dialed in for some spring black bears.

Got your PM and figured I would be able to check here and see what you got. Great looking bow!! I will hopefully be in the market for one soon myself. So are you going to give FOB's a shot?

We shall see about FOBs. I guess nearly everyone that has tried them swears by them, I might have to join FOB nation. But first I want to just get shooting and somewhat sighted in.

Sweet ....welcome to Bowtech! I shoot a 101st Airborne and LOVE it. There are a few 3D and field shoots coming up. Get that thing dialed in and lets go shooting!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Good Choice bro!!!!!! I shoot a Bowtech 82ND Airborne and love it. My bro-in-law has a general and swears its the best bow hes ever shot. We went and shot last night at rabbit creeks 3D range.

Yeah I was torn between the Admiral and Captain at first, but a sweet deal came up on this brand new General that I couldn't pass up. AKMUD still gotta get Colton to get it tuned up for me and get the sights/rest/string loop and what not installed since rumor has it that he actually knows an thing or two about bows.

Great choice! They shoot awesome, literally no hand shock. I may just have to go and pick one up sometime. Good luck with the bow

I think I'm the only one on here not shooting a Mathews or Bowtech....someday it will be mine! Wife says she's gotta get one first, though! Surprised it showed up so quickly. BTW, Colton doesn't know anything about tuning a bow

Thumbs up WTG on General

I have a BT Guardian. I love it. There is lots of good press on the Generals. There were some issues with defective limbs on the Generals about 6 month back. You might check the BT website to see if that applies to you.

If you are setting up a new bow, you might consider just setting it up for FOBs. It is the same amount of effort.

I have Ripcord drop away rest. I shot FOBs and regular vanes last week. I was shooting at 20 yards, and with a slight breeze, the vanes were noticably affected. In calm air, and at 20 yards, there was no difference.

At 40 yards, with FOB's, well my shooting left something to be desired. I was too focused on not taking out a FOB, so I missed the target and stuck an arrow in a tree. I broke the arrow on removing it from the tree. Another time, I hit the very edge of the target, took the FOB and nock off, and had to find the arrow in the dead leaves. After that, I didn't shoot anymore that day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I have a BT Guardian. I love it. There is lots of good press on the Generals. There were some issues with defective limbs on the Generals about 6 month back. You might check the BT website to see if that applies to you.

If you are setting up a new bow, you might consider just setting it up for FOBs. It is the same amount of effort.

I have Ripcord drop away rest. I shot FOBs and regular vanes last week. I was shooting at 20 yards, and with a slight breeze, the vanes were noticably affected. In calm air, and at 20 yards, there was no difference.

At 40 yards, with FOB's, well my shooting left something to be desired. I was too focused on not taking out a FOB, so I missed the target and stuck an arrow in a tree. I broke the arrow on removing it from the tree. Another time, I hit the very edge of the target, took the FOB and nock off, and had to find the arrow in the dead leaves. After that, I didn't shoot anymore that day.
    Thanks for the heads up. Yeah it already has the updated limbs after the recall, so I don't have to worry about that now.

I will be taking the ripcord off of my current setup and putting it on the General. So a ripcord is compatable with FOBs??? That would be nice to know as I would like to give them a try here in the future. I'm excited to get this thing setup and shooting though. Wish I had more time to swap out the sights and rest off of my old bow and put it on the General and get it sighted in prior to going out in PWS for black bear, but that isn't the case so I'm taking my old bow for now.

Thanks again for looking out for me on the recall limbs though. I wouldn't have even known about the recall if it hadn't been for the dealer telling me it already had the updated limbs.

Nice bow. I'm not sure what people recommend for sites up here, but I loved my Copper John Dead Nuts 2 site for deer back in Ohio.

My 2 cents.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    So a ripcord is compatable with FOBs??? That would be nice to know as I would like to give them a try here in the future.
    Check out Archery Talk, there are a couple threads about what kind of rests work the best with FOB's, or just get a hold of Mark Taylor, I know hes all about the FOBs. Good luck in PWS bro.

Great bow. It's amazing the technology these days with how quiet and fast the bows are. I upgraded a 10+ year old Browning this past year with a Diamond Stud by Bowtech. Love it!!! Haven't tried the FOBs yet, although I was looking at them in Taylor's shop a few weeks ago. Interesting concept for sure.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Default speed cams

I have some speed cams for the General, since thats what I shoot, lets you drop the lbs and still get a close if not same hard hitting twig.

I just picked mine up yesterday, other than needing some minor tuning, and modules for a shorter draw length, I love it. I bought my first compound back in Oct., The "Rock" by Diamond, it is a nice shooting bow, but this thing blows it away, not so much in speed, but in smoothness of draw (have some shoulder issues courtesy of 21 years with the USAF), and the fact that it has ZERO handshock. For 25 years I shot Trad gear, and I still love it, but this bow is much easier than even my 45lb Bear Recurve. Hope you enjoy yours, mine has a Limbdriver Rest, and I am looking for an upgrade to the sights. I paid $287 for the bare bow new in box.

Dave