Thread: Floated the upper Kenai today!

Eagle River, Alaska, United States, 108264132534659, Eagle River, Alaska

Default Floated the upper Kenai today!

It was a really great day for a float. We did the upper Kenai to Sportsmans. A friend of ours has been thinking about getting a raft so we let him row the boat. He's hooked now. I didn't get too many photos...I was too busy drinking beer, but I'll post a few after I get my camera out of my bag.

Default Camera in the drink

You guys didn't happen to spot a black camera case bobbing along or washed up on shore by chance did you? My wife dropped hers last Sunday and we were unable to recover it.

No Scott, I was with Lego and we didn't see it, but we'll keep an eye out for one! We might go back and hit it again tomorrow.

It's nice this time of year. Not crowded and the water is clear so you can really see the trout in some of those holes, too bad you can't fish!

Default the lake

do you know what kenai lake looked like, is the ice off of it yet. thanks

I just drove by there 2 hours ago, and it is open from the bridge back to Quartz Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjfish8 View Post
    do you know what kenai lake looked like, is the ice off of it yet. thanks
    I drove by it this afternoon - looks like it will be clear of ice in another day or two if we get ANY kind of wind. Really rotten and shallow looking ice with open spots throughout the surface of the lake.

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerat View Post
    No Scott, I was with Lego and we didn't see it, but we'll keep an eye out for one! We might go back and hit it again tomorrow.

It's nice this time of year. Not crowded and the water is clear so you can really see the trout in some of those holes, too bad you can't fish!
    Yeah, I'd rather be fishing, but I really enjoyed just floating a couple of weeks ago. We didn't see another boat all day until Jim's and the weather was the nicest I have ever floated-in. I was looking but didn't see any fish then, I figured they'd have to start showing-up for some nooky before too long.