Thread: 20-mile kings

Default 20-mile kings

I hear there's kings being caught in 20-mile or in the K's. Can someone tell me where the K's is. Thank you. I have the fishing bug BIG time.

I've heard a few stories of kings being caught at Twentymile over the years, though I've never seen one. My guess is there's a small run going to some of the tribs upstream that you need a boat to get to. Have no idea what the K's is.....unless it's a combo of the Kenai and Kasilof....

Default 20 mile

Isn't there signs about 20 mile kings closed, have to release all of them? I thought I saw signs that said that when I was getting hooligan a few years ago.
    K's????
    Kasilof/Kenai?

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    Isn't there signs about 20 mile kings closed, have to release all of them? I thought I saw signs that said that when I was getting hooligan a few years ago.
    K's????
    Kasilof/Kenai?

Yeah, I think it is closed to all king fishing now that you mention it. I was just trying to think of whether I'd ever heard of kings even being there. I remember dipping hooligan one year talking to an old salt who said he got a king in his hooligan net once. Whether he did or not (and how possible it would be to actually land one in a hooligan net) are speculation.

Default Thanks

Guys. When is a good time to run the 20-mile. I've never ran it before and I'd like to go there for silvers this year if I get a chance. 20-mile and the deshka are the 2 rivers I would like to run but never been on them.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinman View Post
    I hear there's kings being caught in 20-mile .
    This make me laugh!

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/State...ons/scregs.cfm

Refer to page 40 for Kings in Twentymile.

Lightbulb The K's

The K's are the Kasilof and Kenai Rivers and yes the KINGS are in. They have been there since last week and you're late to the party. There should be some sea run dollies later this month and June in 20mile up to 10lbs.