Thread: where are grayling????

Default where are grayling????

I'm looking for a place to take the kids after work on weekdays. I have a small aluminum boat with paddles, and we want to stay around Anch, Palmer, Wasilla.
    Can anyone tell us what to use for lures or bait for Grayling and where we might want to try? Thanks.

I have found it tough to target greyling in that area, but I know they are to some degree in many of the creeks and waterways.
    Once you find them they are pretty easy to catch. Greyling like small spinners and flys. The only bait I have ever tried to fish them with was bugs and salmon eggs. Salmon eggs only seem to work when there are salmon about.

Small Spinners and Tiny little Jigs. The jigs are plastic/rubber and kind of look like little hoochie rigs.... I can't seem to find a pic of them.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Small Spinners and Tiny little Jigs. The jigs are plastic/rubber and kind of look like little hoochie rigs.... I can't seem to find a pic of them.

Fish On!
    They are Crappie/Panfish tube jigs.

Like these from BassPro

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...19000_100-19-0

They look like this.

As far as where they are... try Irene lake ( I think that's the name) it's towards Palmer after the Kepler Bradley lakes. I've always had really good luck with grayling in there. Decent sized ones too. They're not picky... throw whatever you have at them and you'll probably do just fine.

Thanks all. I'll report back next week.

Canoe and irene lake small portage through the woods to get you boat to the water, also Kepler Bradley itself is good for grayling stay on the right side of the bridge for grayling

Proud and Free in Delta Junction, Alaska.

Talking

Believe it or not, I have always had luck with the greyling using a small castmaster spoon style lure, blue and silver. Gets pounded pretty hard by greyling on the Clearwater in Delta Junction.( dont tell anyone in delta i told you, there wont be any fish left). Fish it like a spoon, then give it a few quick jerks like a jig, and let me know what you get.

Delta2185, you think you are the only one from Delta on here?

YOU KNOW that there are no fish in the Clearwater

Question I know I'm not alone here

It was a joke. but I have caught Many fish on the clearwater here. I know they are there. A little above Clearwater lake especially. Why does everyone act like I am the only one to get fish there! Is there something in the water that makes me hallucinate the fish are there.

Thumbs up

Clearwater in Delta Junction YUP! no fish there ...2 deep and muddy u should save gas stay home.
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Talking

I'll tell those grayling I saw rolling in there yesterday to go to a different river. They did not get the memo.