Thread: Need a little help near Whittier

Exclamation Need a little help near Whittier

I buried a good friend last Saturday. His widow lives in Falls Bay (near Knight Island).
    She is having trouble getting back home to Falls Bay. I cannot get out of a work commitment on Saturday.
    Does anybody have a boat in Whittier that can deliver her home? I will cover the fuel costs and owe you one. She has contacted the taxi and a couple of charter outfits and none can get her there before Monday. Float plane cost is out of her reach.
    She needs to get home by Sunday.

Any help or idea is greatly appreciated.
    Kevin

It never hurts to have a friend in the Sound!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    I buried a good friend last Saturday. His widow lives in Falls Bay (near Knight Island).
    She is having trouble getting back home to Falls Bay. I cannot get out of a work commitment on Saturday.
    Does anybody have a boat in Whittier that can deliver her home? I will cover the fuel costs and owe you one. She has contacted the taxi and a couple of charter outfits and none can get her there before Monday. Float plane cost is out of her reach.
    She needs to get home by Sunday.

Any help or idea is greatly appreciated.
    Kevin

It never hurts to have a friend in the Sound!

Can I ask who this is? Michelle?? Greg and Rus are still around, right? I hope everything is okay. I don't think I can help unfortunately - our boats are still winterized for a few more weeks.

Greg passed away suddenly and I am trying to get Mickey (Michelle) back home. All their money is in probate and things are tight right now for her.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Holy cow! Dang - I grew in Main Bay during the summers and knew the Williams well. I wish I could help!

I'm not ready to head out of Whitter this weekend, but I'll spread the word to my friends with boats.

did not know Greg, but sorry to hear of this
    I'M up at work for next 12 days or i would be willing to help
    with supposed limited tunnel opening tomorrow i would think someone from here is going out.
    for those that don't know where Falls Bay is ...it is between Main Bay and Crafton island not all the way to Knight Island.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Is Sunday OK?

Bullbuster, I sent you a PM. Me and a couple of guys are going bear hunting and I will be passing Falls Bay on my way out on Sunday I would be glad to help out if you dont get a better offer. My cell is in the PM.
    Kammer
    22' Seasport

Default Stand up Guy, that

I want to give a big shout out to Mike, aka Kammer. He stepped up with an offer to get Mickey back home. When I told him how much groceries and gear she had, he said he would make 2 trips if he had to.
    If you read this, shoot a rep point his way, I am. He's the pay it forward kind of guy that we need more of.
    Last edited by bullbuster; 05-10-2009 at 09:47. Reason: none
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Great, cheers for Mike