Thread: Concealed Weapons Course Scheduled

Default Concealed Weapons Course Scheduled

Concealed Weapons Course being offered. May 12th & 14th, 6-9p & May 17th, 10a-6p. Must attend all class sessions to qualify for permit. Cost is $200 and includes fingerprint cards and photos. Class size IS limited. Call John for further details. 440-0400.
    God's Speed!
    John Paff
    http://www.americanshootist.com

Default Location?

Is this in Anchorage or somewhere else?

I screwed up and let mine lapse, so it looks like I need to take the entire class again to get current.

Thanks.

You don't see as many of these courses ever since the law was modifed.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I've always recommended folks to take these classes if for nothing else than the legal aspects portion.
    Now what ?

Yeap, I always thought it should be a graduation requirement for High School Senior. Particularly the legal portion.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

+1 I've been thinking about retaking the course for that reason. laws change so much without folks knowing it isnt funny. Last time I took it was more than a few years ago. I still have the expired permit and it says exempt on it.

I understand the appeal (and income potential) of adding value to the basic requirements, and that more carry-oriented range time is a "good thing"; but I'd like to see a minimalist training option offered for those of us who don't need or want more than just what's necessary to get the permit again.

8 hours of classroom for the NRA Pers Prot. course one day and the time per person it takes to shoot the qual and sign the Certificate the next.

Heck, if you bring your own photos and prints you're done at that point. Do it on a weekend and you can submit the paperwork at AST on Monday morning.

My permit expired a few years back and I haven't bothered to renew due to a lack of immediate need and that a lot of classes now seem to be more about "training" (with cocomittant additional time requirements) as opposed to simple "certification". I've got training and I'll get more, the only reason I want to get the permit again is for reciprocity.

This class looks pretty efficient on the time usage.

Thumbs up

This was a really enjoyable and informative course. Even though a permit isn't required in Alaska, I'd encourage everyone to attend. It covered gun safety, home defense, shooting from cover, etc, along with all the legal responsibilities that go along with carrying a gun and what to do should you get into a situation where someone gets shot.

I recommend it.
    Robin