Thread: Motor Restrictions

Default Motor Restrictions

I am looking for the regulations on motor restrictions for lakes statewide. I have done a bunch of searching but seem to be coming up empty.

Also if a Lake has a motor restriction does this include float planes and/or airboats?

It would be nice if that information could be found in a single location, but I don't think there is such a single location.

I don't know of any link between hp restrictions on boats and aircraft, but I'd expec that hp restriction for boats to apply to airboats.

Lower fire lake in Eagle River is restricted to 50hp, but I dont' believe there are any restrictions on aircraft.

Most of the lakes in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge do not allow motors on boats, or floatplanes. The three lakes off the Sterling highway that feed into the E fork of the Moose River are restricted to 9.9hp or less.

I found it once and will look agian. I did find in past searches that there is alot more regulation than one would think. Example: Sand Lake is open to outboards but limited on HP and times of day which it can be run and is also different on the weekends.

I`ll see if I can find it again.

Ok so no easy one stop shopping.

I seen the KWR restrictions and that is where I came up with the second question. I don't know if I would want to be landing on a lake where the people only had electric or oar power.

I brought up the Airboat deal because they also are not driven in the traditional motor way>>>>>>>>

Mirror lake no motor but float planes are OK?

Default motor restrictions

i've been looking forever for the same thing. this is what i finally found, although they're dated 2006.
    http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/boating/...ctions2006.pdf
    jerry

That's what I was looking for.....hopefully DNR will update someday.