Thread: Nikon Lens Cap

Default Nikon Lens Cap

Anyone know where to get a replacement 55mm lens cap in anchorage for my Nikon?

Thanks in advance.

Check Camera Repair Service on 15th in Anchorage. Other than that, I've had good luck on ebay tracking down stuff like this . .

Good luck,

SH

Camera Land, the sponsors of this forum, have aftermarket lens caps. These may not have the Nikon logo, but work just the same and don't cost as much.

I really like the Nikon caps with the front clips that you can get to even with the sun shade on. Most generic caps are like the Canon caps, with the little grippy spring things only on the edges. How lame is that! Now I put these good Nikon caps on all my great Canon lenses. The Nikon logo on the cap is bigger than the one on my camera. Great advertising. I'm sure Canon would approve.

Tokina also uses these same type of caps, but theirs break easier. And the generic caps that I bought that are like these broke even faster than the Tokina caps. From now on it's all genuine Nikon caps for me.

Actually, I heard Canon was going to come out with an all new lens cap design this year. Who knows, I might defect.

I really like the Tokina lens caps, because I grab and squeeze the handles to unlock and remove the cap. The same for the aftermarket caps I got from camera Land, which also include a small hole on the edge to tie a lens-cap string.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Stewarts Photo has exactly what you need !!

4th ave in Anchorage !!