Thread: wetlock boxes

Default wetlock boxes

Looking for info on where I can purchase 50lb wetlock boxes in Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka for shipping fish back home due to the federal halibut regulations not allowing me to keep them on board in my freezer.

Not sure about the rest of southeast but the Fred Meyer store in Juneau carries insulated fish boxes that should hold frozen fish for 24 hrs or more......

Default Wet lock boxes

I was in Ketchican last fall for 5 days and got mine at Walmart on the north end of town, I think they were about $9.00 or so.

Mike

Tongass Trading in Ketchikan is downtown, closer to the harbors than WM. also have a location near the mall and north harbor areas. Murray Pacific also has them in mid-town.

Default In Juneau

"Jerry's Meats and Seafood" located out near Lemon Creek in the same building as Western Auto and Marine and "Taku Fisheries" both sell wetlocks. Jerry's is selling used wetlocks in good shape for approx $5 ea. (just bought a couple myself there this afternoon to ship fish south for Mother's Day). Taku Fisheries sells their own logo wetlocks new.

In Sitka you can get both 50 and 80 pound capacity wetlocks for shipping at "Sitka Sound Seafoods" on Katlian Street and I am pretty certain both "Murray-Pacific Marine Supplies" and "Seafood Producers Co-op" (also both on Katlian Street) sell new wetlocks. If I remember correctly they all sell their boxes made up for you (stapled together) and provide a good plastic bag liner like the airlines require.

For Juneau, you can also get wet-lock boxes at Safeway (~$7) and Super Bear. Ask at customer service at Safeway or at the seafood counter. At Super Bear, ask at the meat counter. I've always called them wax boxes for some reason...

thanks for the info