Thread: Any Mudd Ox'rs?

Default Any Mudd Ox'rs?

Hey all,
    I’ve been researching the Mudd Ox, and how it compares to the Avenger 750 EFI; lots of info and posts on the Argo’s, but not much info on the Ox from first hand users….doesn‘t seem to be too many Ox runners in the area yet. They both look like great machines regarding specs and application, some design and feature differences that show strengths and weaknesses, but I would like to hear some Ox pros and cons from anybody that has experience with them. My use will be primarily camping, exploring, fishing (year round) plowing snow and other odd jobs around the house.
    I’ll be in the market this year to purchase (I’ve been looking at the Rangers and other side x sides, but have decided the AATV will suit our recreation needs a bit better) so it’s a tossup between the Avenger 750 and the Ox. Thanks!

go to atvfrontier.com and go to the argo/muddox section!!! some good info as well as we are setting up a head to head between a muddox and my avenger750 efi

we plan on having two of them at the Knik cleanup next weekend so people can see them and get a ride if they want. We are going to bring a couple of Pac-Rat trailers to haul trash in also.

Default Argo/Mudd Ox Head to Head

I'll be watching for that...any idea when this will happen?

nop nothing in stone yet but it will be posted on the atvfrontier site. I'll probly drop by here and put a thread out as well.

Someone has one for sale on AlaskaList right now, with pics.

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_Tr...bious_ATV.html
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Thumbs up

I just got mine a couple of days ago, the thing has really impressed me. With the hydraulic drive system it's extremely maneuverable, you have to drive it yourself to truly appreciate it.
    It's brand new so I really can't give you a in depth evaluation yet but everything I've seen so far is good.
    What part of the state are you in? I plan on doing a lot of riding this summer so maybe you could see it in action.
    Brian

how much do they run? I know how much i paid for my argo with some exeseries. but no where have I seen a price tag on these things

"Exeseries"? Are those like special tires or what?

Pilot1995

Default Mudd Ox Price

Here's what I have seen on cost...

Our base machine cost 21,500 and comes standard with the
    following:
    4000lb winch with remote
    bilge pump
    roll bar
    backlit dash panel
    LED tail lights and High/Low head lights
    heated throttle cable
    25" rawhide 3 tires on Mudd Ox bead lock rims
    Cargo rails
    40hp kohler engine with 2 year warranty
    Full time 8 wheel drive with hydrostatic drive
    2" towing package with 1800lb capacity
    American Made in Indiana

Default Mudd-Ox Hill climbing

If you are looking for good Mudd-Ox information and feedback you need to go to 6x6 World here is a link

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other-aatvs/

Here is a great video of the climbing ability and the maneuverability of the OX while climbing. Some of the things I am doing on a hill would be very hard for a vehicle without hydrostatic drive.

HILL CLIMBING VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1995 View Post
    Here's what I have seen on cost...

Our base machine cost 21,500 and comes standard with the
    following:
    4000lb winch with remote
    bilge pump
    roll bar
    backlit dash panel
    LED tail lights and High/Low head lights
    heated throttle cable
    25" rawhide 3 tires on Mudd Ox bead lock rims
    Cargo rails
    40hp kohler engine with 2 year warranty
    Full time 8 wheel drive with hydrostatic drive
    2" towing package with 1800lb capacity
    American Made in Indiana

Also; stronger and heavier chains and axels, 4.5 more inches of ground clearance, rear seat back, adjustable grab handle for the front passenger, and better ergonomics because of the higher front seat back and the added foot room without an engine compartment in front of you. I hear the Mudd-Ox will soon come standard with a 125 amp alternator for running the big aftermarket driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhunter View Post
    Some of the things I am doing on a hill would be very hard for a vehicle without hydrostatic drive.
    thx for the clip...I've been curious about the ox's myself....too expensive for my blood but intriguing nonetheless...

I'm surprised none of the 6x6 Ranger guys haven't commented on the hill yet......<poke> <poke>.....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Any Updates?

Just checking for some Ox updates. Been pretty quite the last few months – how’d they work over the summer?

check out the "eureka bulls down" on the hunting forum pics of mudd ox on a great moose hunt