Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn. Bear Baiters Outdoor Channel

Default Attn. Bear Baiters Outdoor Channel

I have just heard from a very reliable source that the OUTDOOR CHANNEL has decided to stop filming bear hunts over bait, as they are deemed too controversial. We need to point the positive management issues ect.. as we are all very familiar with them up here in bear country.
    I urge you to send an email to the OUTDOOR CHANNEL or telephone them to VOICE YOUR OPINION
    Public Relations
    lobello@braincomm.com

Outdoor Channel
    43445 Business Park Dr Suite 103
    Temecula, CA 92590
    PHONE 800 770 5750
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

So they're not going to let any of their programs air black bear hunts over baits anymore? Really? Another group bending to pressure from liberal or anti organizations.

Not to stir the pot what how is it different when turning on the TV to one of the 1400 deer hunting shows and watching them hunt form a stand, over a plot of grass that has a 45lb salt lick and a drip feeder...not to mention all the planted human planted vegetation?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

WOW! That could knock out a lot of their programmingMaybe they should start at the source and speak with the programs producers and discuss these issues to find a solution. I find communicating always works best for me.

I guess deer saltlics are next? IT's not the action that's in question...it's the production value that needs addressing.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Next??

Like I have always said, baiting is no different than fishing. Its a lure that ends in a kill. I feel that everyone has the opportunity to change the channel. CLICK What are they going to ax next?
    Liberals are getting the best of nature, lets get it back. Speak Up
    Outdoor Channel
    800 770 5750
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Not to stir the pot what how is it different when turning on the TV to one of the 1400 deer hunting shows and watching them hunt form a stand, over a plot of grass that has a 45lb salt lick and a drip feeder...not to mention all the planted human planted vegetation?
    My thoughts exactly. I find it interesting how they are not okay with baiting bears that otherwise can't be effectively hunted in the typical baiting environment, but they are okay with shooting whitetails around feeders and in food plots when there are other options on how to persue them.

We're going backwards.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    Like I have always said, baiting is no different than fishing. Its a lure that ends in a kill. I feel that everyone has the opportunity to change the channel. CLICK What are they going to ax next?
    Liberals are getting the best of nature, lets get it back. Speak Up
    Outdoor Channel
    800 770 5750

good idea... perhaps i will try it...

Can't wait to haul in a wiggling squirming black bear on a hook
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default OhmiGod, "liberals" control the Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907
    Like I have always said, baiting is no different than fishing.
    You mean baiting bears is no different than fishing? Gee, I dunno, but it is a whole lot different to me than fishing. I wouldn't even put it in the same ballpark. I've never harvested a bear with a fishing pole though, so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907
    Liberals are getting the best of nature, lets get it back.
    Gosh, is this the politics forum? I didn't know the Outdoor Channel was controlled by "liberals." If indeed the Outdoor Channel is going to stop filming hunts over bear bait, I would reckon that is a choice made based on viewer/advertiser concerns than anything else, not sure why you'd blame it on "liberals." (Gosh, do "liberals" even watch the Outdoor Channel? You mean those dang "liberals" control the Outdoor Channel programming? Yeah, we gotta "get it back" fo' sure man, can't let those "liberals" get the "best of nature.")

Default About time

I hope with the removal of the HUNTING of bears over bait they remove the same amount of their cheesy advertisements. They're the reason I no longer watch the "Outdoods Channel". You get 3 minutes of program and 5 minutes of advertisement on stuff that really doesn't concern anyone except a deer hunter in Alabama. You can't plant "food plots" in Alaska nor use a deer grunt in the North Star Borough. I can't use a turkey call on the yukon river and the latest telescopic sighted muzzle loader isn't allowed in muzzle loading season so I just lost interest in their programing.
    SO break out a 12 pack of Michelob and let's get ready for salmon fishing !
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

OK, I'll stir the pot. I 100% support hunting.......and have 54 years of hunting experience......34 of it professional, that said I find the viewing of film of killing animals offensive. It not only strips any dignity and reverence from the animal, the worse part is the jackass's always bust out laughing after they kill something. I always liked the European's that I guided for the respect and honor they showed the dead animal.....

hopeak, right on...My thoughts exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    that said I find the viewing of film of killing animals offensive. It not only strips any dignity and reverence from the animal, the worse part is the jackass's always bust out laughing after they kill something. I always liked the European's that I guided for the respect and honor they showed the dead animal.....

I am not being a smart a## but how does film of killing an animal, while hunting, strip the animal of dignity and reverence?

Do you also find it offensive to peel their hide from their dead body, preserve it, and hang it on the wall. I would think if filming them dying is offensive than so to is mounting them on the wall.

I am all for being respectfull of the animals we hunt but whether you are filming the hunt or not your still killing the animal. I promise you the animal doesnt see it any different.

Again i am not trying to be a smart a## or be critical of your thoughts.

Default other shows

Outdoor channel really needs to look at their other programs if they are going to stop showing bear baited hunts becaue of the "controversy". When i watch some of the outdoor channel shows i occasionally go to the outfitter websites they advertise just for kicks. Some of their main hunting "stars" hunt on deer farms with high fences where you can literally pay for the deer you want and yes they even have names for the deer. If shooting black bears over bait is controversial than i would hope they would agree that shooting deer thats been raised in captivity and bred for trophy quality would also fall in the same category.

Default What has happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    OK, I'll stir the pot. I 100% support hunting.......and have 54 years of hunting experience......34 of it professional, that said I find the viewing of film of killing animals offensive. It not only strips any dignity and reverence from the animal, the worse part is the jackass's always bust out laughing after they kill something. I always liked the European's that I guided for the respect and honor they showed the dead animal.....
    is that the hunting shows have turned from educational to entertainment.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

The bigger picture is the whole country is turning into the mentality that 'if it's not fair its not right'. You can thank a certain president and all his anti gun, liberal media buddies for that.

How bogus if they do take it away. Most of these tv shows show some dumb@$$ kill a tiny buck or bull just so they can say they killed something. It pisses me off because they can hunt places most of us can only dream of and this is how they show it off. Pathetic.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

It does seem a little, actually it seems very hypocritical to cut bear baiting when 3/4 of the deer hunting I ever watched was over bait... I used to watch a lot of hunting shows while relaxing in the evening or whatever, but I've since cancelled my cable. I just kinda realized that the more junk I was watching on cable, the less time I was spending on getting things around the house done and hanging out with my wife. So now I use the $60 I save on cable to pay for a couple of cheap dates with my wife a month, and I certainly don't miss any of the corny hunting shows. So I guess when it comes down to what the Outdoor Channel is eliminating or adding to their programming... I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by akhtr34 View Post
    I am not being a smart a## but how does film of killing an animal, while hunting, strip the animal of dignity and reverence?

Do you also find it offensive to peel their hide from their dead body, preserve it, and hang it on the wall. I would think if filming them dying is offensive than so to is mounting them on the wall.

I am all for being respectfull of the animals we hunt but whether you are filming the hunt or not your still killing the animal. I promise you the animal doesnt see it any different.

Again i am not trying to be a smart a## or be critical of your thoughts.
    You are welcome to be critical of my thoughts anytime. Hell, I am my own cruelest critic. Yes, if I go into someones home and there is one or three mounts on the walls I find it interesting, tasteful, decorative, and an Art form, like one or two old firearms mounted to the wall. If there are a lot of mounts, I feel like I am in a slaughter house of horror.

It is viewing of the film in public I find offensive. Just like a client on a four species hunt will say, as we walk up to his just killed Beautiful, trophy Caribou, "I Got My Caribou and My Black Bear, we only have five days left, what do you think, do you think I'll get all MY animals". That is NOT hunting, that is filling a wall with dead animals, and punching your trophy punch card, and crossing animals off the "To Do List".

I support hunting, but if someone ask me if I am a hunter I say, "No". There was a time that I was proud that I was a skilled hunter, but technology and evolution of equipment has removed most of the need for "Skill".

The commercialization of Hunting, the ATV's, UTV's, Aircraft, Going on the INTERNET, and saying, "I have a Brown Bear Permitt for area # -----, Has anyone found me a big B&C bear.....????? Say, WHAT.....???? The ultra high power scope, the range finder, trail cameras, Trophy Farms, Fat Hunters giggling like a little girl when they sniper an animal, these are all reasons I am no longer proud of the "So Called Hunting" fraternity.

We are "Fools" if we BLAME the far left, or any political party or dogma. We have done it, we are to blame. We have brought it on ourself. And we need to Man-up and change our standards and our definition of what it is to be a "HUNTER". And as long as we are at it we could work on, "What it is to be a MAN".

Thumbs up

Well said HopeAK,

Default Jim Zumbo

TOC is letting go of Jim Zumbo first, which I find unfortunate. In my opinion, he has done a lot for our Wounded Soldiers. Some of our Military Hero's are limited to certain hunts they can access. I personally find it inspiring and fasinating to watch a quadriplegic get out and hunt. I commend Zumbo for what he has done for Soldiers that have persevered.

To clarify my statement of, "baiting is no different than fishing". I simply meant that you are baiting period. Whether you bait a hook or bait a barrel its still considered bait. Its a much different story with the work that goes along with it. I understand that!
    I would never enter my station with an ugly stick and a pixie I don't think they make a test that would pull in an angry hooked bear. One swipe of a claw and its "bear off"
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Default Good Move

I view the removal of bear baiting as a good move by the outdoors channel. I can't be the only one who feels embarrassed watching these camo clad "hunters" shooting a dink bear with it's head stuck in a bbl.. It's almost as painful as watching a fat chick sitting in a blind in Texas hunting ranch bucks telling the camera how "hard" they are hunting.

If the outdoors channel sent up a few good camera men to AK to follow around a few accomplished, non celebrity hunters, they'd have my FULL attention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast