Thread: Free: 1-YR NRA Memberships

Default Free: 1-YR NRA Memberships

I was just told that anyone who wants to join the NRA can now get a 1-yr free trial membership. Apparently they want to get as many new members as possible to let legislators know how many people they will have to fight to push expected new anti-gun/anti-hunting legislation through...

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

Marshall/Ak
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    I was just told that anyone who wants to join the NRA can now get a 1-yr free trial membership. Apparently they want to get as many new members as possible to let legislators know how many people they will have to fight to push expected new anti-gun/anti-hunting legislation through...

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

Marshall/Ak
    NRA Life Member
    Not to be too cynical, but the message here is that legislators are going to have to fight with many folks that are so pro gun and so pro 2nd Amendment, but aren't even willing to pay for an NRA membership?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Default sounds great

I think it is great. With Swine flu, economy, and auto industry as the leading media stories, I fear what is being slipped by un-noticed such as the Blair Holt act. Fortunately it has not passed yet, but the actions show that the NRA is focused on the objective and not the money.
    "No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

img,

I hope I'm not being to direct but as a firearm owner/user, I'd expect a different perspective from you. For whatever reason they arn't paying a membership fee...lame I agree...it's a positive thing. The numbers will be there to speak for us on Capitol Hill. Without them, were just a smaller minority to walk over.

However we join arms, our lawmakers need to know that we exist. Plus w/o a membership...free as it may be, it represents a large number if arms owning brothers and sisters that hopefully will come to realize that numbers win fights.

I signed up. Been putting it off for awhile; got if for free. I figure I'll joint that "radical-extremist" Gun Owners of America group in lieu of the $25 for the NRA membership.

Tim