Thread: Online Prop Shopping

Default Online Prop Shopping

Anyone out there purchased a prop online and had it shipped here in a decent amount of time. I'm looking for a spare for my Suzuki. I just tried Iboats.com but when I went to pay they said they would not ship the item to Alaska. I'm not looking for anything special just a cheap Solas aluminum prop for a spare. I'd kind of like to have it by late next week.

Look at www.shiptoalaska.com I use them with people who think Alaska is a foreign land.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default http://www.boats.net

Try http://www.boats.net just bought a bunch of parts from them and no problem on shipping

Default Another option

Try www.ptprop.com

The guys at Power-Tech are great to deal with and have gone out of their way to help me. They helped me pick the right stainless prop for my 15hp Yamaha and my load conditions----were spot on with it. I read the water wrong and destroyed a lower unit + the prop was way mangled.
    I thought for sure it meant a new prop on top of the new lower but I called Power-Tech and told Marcus what the deal was, this was a wrecked prop mind you (my fault and 4 years old), and he was able to save me 40% off of new price for "reconditioning" even though they had to re-weld, balance and polish it just like a new one.

Great service by good folks.

Default A local place

I had A1 repair a prop from my 150 a couple years ago they did a good job and were reasonable. They also sell new props.
    A 1 Propeller & Impeller Repair
    210 E Potter Dr
    Anchorage, AK 99518
    907-344-7767

Ebay, I picked up a couple on there last year for a song, including shipping.
    Tennessee

I've gotten my Solas props from A-1 in Anchorage. Reasonable prices, and they seem to keep a decent inventory of props.