Thread: Standard or Extended length barrel for G20?

Default Standard or Extended length barrel for G20?

Im on the fence about this barrel upgrade for my glock.

Id like to get a lone wolf barrel, but dont know wether to go standard or extended.

Cons of the extended is that it looks dumb and might hamper with wthdrawing/storing in a holster. And I dont really know if I need more velocity anyway, not really going to hunt with the thing.

Standard Con is that I kind of want to bump up velocity and am not sure if it will do it.

Between my Glock and 1911 using the same loads that 1911 gets 50FPS more with only having about a half inch longer barrel. But Im wondering if that also has to do with the chamber being a tighter tolerance and thus making the max out of the pressure.

So do you think by ordering a standard length barrel I might see a velocity increase over the stock glock barrel? How about accuracy? Im thinking at the very least a match chamber ought to provide a smaller variance in velocity and thus increasing accuracy.

You could always lop off the long one if you dont like it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I called the gunsmith today to ask how much that would cost. 80 bucks!

THe barrel is only 99.00, So for that price and the cost of a barrel cut I might as well buy two.

I personally like the velocity gain from my 6"KKM and am continually in hopes that LoneWolf will soon be done with the long slide to house the 6"barrel for my G20 and others. But....that is just me.

I have seen a 5" aftermarket barrel for the 20 which is .4" longer than stock and should have slightly closer tolerances. The 5" barrel actually looks good compared to the 6". I don't like the appearance of the 6" either. Can't remember who the manufacturer of that barrel was. I am considering going that way on my 20. I will look into and post up when I find it again.

Yeah im with you OATS, when I called the gunsmith I asked how much it would be to cut the 6" barrel to 5". I think the 5" would be Ideal for me. But 80 bucks is more than Im willing to pay. Ill search around for that 5" barrel too.

Here are a couple pics of a 20 with a 5" barrel I came up with. It is a Storm Lake. They currently offer a 5.3" and will manufacture any length you want.

http://www.stormlakebarrel.com/faqs
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a 5" threaded barrel on my glock 20. It adds about 80fps to the standard barrel velosities. I think 5" is a good comprimise, its not noticably coming out of a holster. THe only complaint I have about this barrel is you cannot remove the barrel without unscrewing the thread protector cap, and you have to tighten the crap out of it or use blue locktite to keep it from working loose during repeated fireings. Also pictured is my survival sheath chest holster. I carried my 4" 629 around in one of these for years before I got this glock 20 and had to get one for it also. Excellent way to carry.

Thanks for the heads up on Storm Lake. Problem is I cant find that barrel cheap anywhere. Place that sell storms barrel for the cheapest dont carry that length. I emailed topglock to see if they could get it. They sell their other barrels for around 100.00

You can order direct from Storm But its 175.00!

Price is a big factor for me on this barrel deal. I dont want to spend a bunch of money on a gun that already works great. Ill swing a 100 bucks but not much more than that.

OATS, what sights is your G20 wearing?

Matt, could you sell your factory barrel to off-set the cost? Just throwin' it out there...

Anyone get a .40 S&W barrel for their 20 to shoot/practice a bit cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    OATS, what sights is your G20 wearing?

Matt, could you sell your factory barrel to off-set the cost? Just throwin' it out there...

Anyone get a .40 S&W barrel for their 20 to shoot/practice a bit cheaper?
    That's not my 20, but it is wearing the same Truglo tritiums as the ones in the pic. Good idea on the barrel juggling to save some funds.

Well good news on the search. I called Lone wolf distributing today, and they will be getting in 5.2 inch barrels in about 3 weeks. 99.00 plus shipping. So that problem is solved! He said also that they will have matching slides to go with these. Some kind of tactical kit or something. But you can order the barrel seperate.