There have been several successful people running the river over the past two days. There has been at least two ice jams over the past two days which have caused the water to rise almost over the spit at the launch. We feel that most of the big ice has moved through the system, and currently there is only debris and smaller ice chunks in the water. A couple came in from 10 miles above Skwentna today and reported good conditions. Other boaters have been to their cabins on the Deshka in the past few days. The water is running high right now and we expect it to drop once a lot of the ice finishes clearing all the areas that it is jamming up. Conditions should be good by the weekend.
Visit the Summer
page for updated pictures!
Most of the parking lot is currently closed due to unfavorable conditions. There is an area near the gas pumps, as well as near the top of the ramp hill that is suitable for driving on. We will have ongoing lot maintenance for the next few days, so please delay in bringing up any trailers for storage unless you are going to place them on the old airstrip (C-1). The Upper Parking Lot is currently open for Day Use Only.