OK... the Kenai sonar crew is now busily preparing for 2009 and officially starts counting ER kings in about 10 days and change. Anyone getting excited about the upcoming season?
What better way to celebrate than having a little fun with the numbers like we did in 2008! Contest is still pretty simple... but with a few twists added since the first one last year:
One of the glitches we encountered last year was that with only so many possible guesses, it was basically first come, first served. There were a lot of folks who submitted a guess that was already taken. That will be OK this year, because I'm adding a "tie-breaking" rule for identical guesses.
Moreover, with only 48 hours notice last year, some folks didn't get a chance to participate. (I sure wouldn't want to be accused of "reducing opportunity" on anything Kenai-related ) So for folks who might not see this right away, I'm starting the contest with 10 days lead time.
1) Reply to this thread by 11:59 PM on May 15 with your guess as to what the first day's (May 16) Kenai River early run sonar estimate will be.
2) You must include a tie-breaking guess at what the fifth day's (May 20) sonar estimate will be.
3) Winning entry will be the guess closest to the May 16 sonar estimate published on the ADFG website without going over. Results should be posted by mid-afternoon on Monday May 18.
4) In the event of identical "winning" entries for May 16, there will be a few added days of suspense. The winning tie-breaking entry will be the guess closest to the May 20 sonar estimate published on the ADFG website without going over. Results of the tie breaker should be posted by mid-afternoon on Thursday May 21.
5) In the event of identical "tie-breaking" May 20 entries, the entrant who first posted them shall be declared the winner.
6) The second closest May 16 guess without going over shall determine the second place winner. (The loser of a tied first place guess is NOT a second place prize-winner). The May 20 guess shall settle a possible tie on May 16 for second place. In case of another tie on May 20, the closest tie-breaking guess posted first on this tread shall be the winner.
7) Third place shall be determined in similar fashion.
Yes, a few changes here as well... again to maximize opportunity and spread the love.
Last year, what started as a fun little give-away on my part morphed into quite the treasure trove of goodies for the winner, thanks to the generosity of other members who bucked up some REALLY nice prizes.
Just so those same folks aren't excluded from potentially winning something this year, I am going to ask all prize donors to specify whether the prize they will be giving away will go to first place, second place, or third place. That way even a prize-donor has a legitimate shot at winning something. We will have BrianM update the portion below so that a current list of prizes stays at the top of the thread.
Have fun.... may the best guess win.... AND....
LET THERE BE KINGS!
FIRST PLACE PRIZES:
iceblue will give the FIRST PLACE winner a fishing trip for two people for rainbow trout or silvers on the Kenai River during September, October, or November, or a 10'6" Kenai Qwik Certified Pro Lamiglas Rod (new rod that was designed for 2009) if the winner cannot make it out fishing this year.
fishNphysician will send the FIRST PLACE winner THREE new-in-the-package 2009 www.Ifish.net "eyeFISH II" K-15 Kwikfish.
Bernard R. Rosenberg will send the FIRST PLACE winner an electronic flasher 4-packs (http://www.electronicfishinglures.com).
pontiac-chief-51 will send the FIRST PLACE winner a new fillet knife.
SECOND PLACE PRIZES:
yukon will give the SECOND PLACE winner a trip for 2 anytime I have an opening, June, July or early August. (Already booked solid for the last two weeks of July.)
fishNphysician will send the SECOND PLACE winner TWO new-in-the-package 2009 www.Ifish.net "eyeFISH II" K-15 Kwikfish.
Bernard R. Rosenberg will send the SECOND PLACE winner an electronic flasher 4-packs (http://www.electronicfishinglures.com).
THIRD PLACE PRIZES:
fishNphysician will send the THIRD PLACE winner ONE new-in-the-package 2009 www.Ifish.net "eyeFISH II" K-15 Kwikfish.
Bernard R. Rosenberg will send the THIRD PLACE winner an electronic flasher 4-packs (http://www.electronicfishinglures.com).