Thread: Are these tires worth repairing or replacing??

Default Are these tires worth repairing or replacing??

My small boat trailer has tires that are 4.8-8 (16" high). I have a couple flats that need new rubber. Are they worth replacing the tire on the wheel and reusing the wheel and finding a place that will put a new tire on. If so who in southcentral replacing these tires. I'd rather not have to buy new wheels in addition to tires, but I don't know if like Johnson Tire Service or the like even messes with replacing tires on these wheels or if its even worth doing so.

Thanks for any input.

Default yes

you can replace any tire... but I went to trailercraft and bought a set of tires on rims for my boat trailer for as much as the tire shops wanted for just the tires. then I would have to pay for mounting.

Thanks thats kinda what I figured. Oh well such is life.

Thanks for the info.

Even if you're currently using B rated tires, go with the C rated. They will last much longer.

Default Wheels and tires

Go and see Ben at 6-roblees on Commercial Drive in Mt View and he will hook you up with pre mounted wheels and tires for about the same price as just tires.

Going to a taller tire will also increase your load in going to a ten or 12 if the lug pattern fits.

For most trailer tires it's easiest just to guy them all put together...they unfortunatley are throwaways