Thread: Valdez weather

Default Valdez weather

Just booked a halibut charter on the Halibut Grove yesterday. Going to be headed out on 5 July and was wondering what kinda of clothes I need to pack for this. Ie (rain clothes, cold weather etc). Also has anybody charted from this boat before? Thanks for the advice.

Mel does a great job ......bring your raingear and a light jacket the weather can change at any moment....have a great trip.....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

I've seen temps in the high 70's with clear skies and plenty of sun in July, which makes you want to fish in shorts and a t-shirt, and I've seen cloud, winds and drizzle that makes you think you should be donning winter gear, and those conditions can occur during the same day.

My general saltwater attire for AK "summer" season is a layer of polypro for the base i.e. long johns, a layer of fleece for insulation, helly hanson bibs and a rain coat, a warm hat and also a boonie and sunscreen for the sun. Add and remove layers as needed.