Thread: Atv trailer floor paint ?

Default Atv trailer floor paint ?

I just bought a new enclosed atv trailer and it has a wood floor anybody know of a paint or something to put down on the floor to help with water after washing bikes ? I do not want to put linoleum to many tie downs on the floor for water to go under.

Thanks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I would use garage floor paint with silica sand for grip.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I used Thompson's water seal on mine with great success.

Default Just a thought

It would be kind of spendy, but I would think any of the commercially done "spray on" bed liners would make a dandy floor. Tough as anything you could put down, very waterproof and last forever if you didn't run carbide skags on it. I have seen "do it yourself" roll on bedliner material, but don't have any first hand experience with it. I have no idea how well it would stick to the wood. Maybe someone else has used it. Let us know what you end up going with.

Thanks
    I'll give it a try the water seal and floor paint
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I put water seal on my snowmachine/ATV trailer, but be carefull because the plywood becomes very slippery when wet. I have not seen a do it yourself bedliner last on plywood, but maybe if installed when the wood is new and free from oils, it may work.

Sheets of aluminum diamond plate would last a long time and not add a ton of weight like a commercial bed liner.

use a spray in bed liner its water proof seals the seams and will last ages even agains snow machine skags

Thumbs up

For my boat floor (Which is about the same thing.) I took a sheet of plywood and rolled a bed liner on the top and bottom and sides.

Works great and has taken years and years of punishment! I've had dead critters on it, mud and fourwheelers too. Still as easy to wash down as the day I put it on! Provides lots of traction too.

I used hercu-liner from Fred Meyers. Wal-Mart and Napa sell it too. Great stuff.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Default Marine top coat

I used marine single stage enamel with some grit to provide traction. So far, its holding up well.