Thread: any tips

Default any tips

Im coming to work in pws on Evans Island from june till november and am planning on doing some hunting. I will have 12 ga possibly a .270. Im intersted in doing some small game and duck hunting since I dont think i will be able to afford a tag for any big game.

Any one have any tips for a guy who doesn't know what the hunting in alaska is like at all. i've grown up doing all kinds of hunting here (mississippi) so i kwno about hunting just not alaska style

Default ducks

you gotta lead those sea ducks a long ways....they are flying alot faster than you think
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

What's it cost for hunting blacktail? They are very good eating, but since they aren't the size of a moose, you don't see out of staters flying to Alaska to hunt them. Check the seasons and which islands to go to. I didn't take the time to check, but I'm betting the tag is a lot cheaper than for bigger game. Your .270 would be perfect for the job.

Brian

Follow this link and it will give you all the details about license info and tag costs :www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.main. I hope you get the info you need and happy hunting, just remember these and those southern backwoods your used to. Good Luck!!
    Last edited by ga2akwild; 05-09-2009 at 07:40. Reason: Made a mistake.