Thread: Homer or Seward this weekend - 5/9

Default Homer or Seward this weekend - 5/9

Thinking of heading either to Seward or Homer and possibly trying to go fishing this weekend for my birthday (29 again). Can't decide which to do. I know the halibut derby starting in Homer, but Seward is closer. ARRHHH. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

From what I've heard, Homer tends to be better early in the season, but it's a long drive for a weekend trip. Ninilchik is another option.

I went out on a charter from Anchor Point on Sunday. The fishing was good and the weather was awsome. We caught a limit for the boat, 6 people. Biggest was 50, mine, and smallest was 12 with a 20-25 pound average. I also kept a few nice cod to go with the halibut. Most boats were having a difficult time finding fish of any size and the previous day the boat I was on had a 10-12 pound average. We also spent 4 hours trolling with 1 king caught. The previous day they got 3 kings with 5 fishers. Good luck.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Thinking of heading either to Seward or Homer and possibly trying to go fishing this weekend for my birthday (29 again). Can't decide which to do. I know the halibut derby starting in Homer, but Seward is closer. ARRHHH. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.
    Good clamming tides this weekend. Halibut and claims!!!! This weekend isn't the best tides for halibut.

And HAPPY 29TH B-DAY TO YOU
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK