Thread: GigBob

Default Nope However

We had brought one up for the Fairbanks Show neat boat placed 4 people on the platform thing held its ground with the weight (solid).

Couple of my guys spent about 1/2 a day on the internet researching the ins and outs and basic concepts we were looking at from two angles first being a fishing boat and the options associated with the weight ratio and performance /water classification as well as something that could be sold to miners for the purpose of operating a dredge i.e. fly it in at about 35 lbs and little space verse the standard plastic pantoon models.

There is an article in Fly Fishing Magazine on line you can read the review.

We will be running one in the Upper Chena as well as the Gulkana should be fun i.e. get you from point A to B and carry all the gear required to do it.

Sorry I could not offer more data or opinion have yet played in the water with it.

Blue Moose

I was looking at the one at the Anchorage Boat Show. Brand new design, so I doubt you will find much info on it besides what the manufacturer states. I thought it was an interesting boat, but like so many new ideas, I see it as a very narrowly designed niche boat.

It's one real claim to fame is that it has no rigid frame, so it will pack up small. That will make it a nice boat to fly with, and good for someone with no storage. I'm sure it will do what it does well, and fill many shoes in the process. But due to the high manufacturing process, it's really only worth the price premium to someone who is severely spaced challenged. Still, there are a lot of people like that, so I'm sure they will sell some.

I was more intrigued by their concept of using drop stitch floors for the structural members, and how this idea might be used for other applications. How about an inflatable raft or cat frame? Or a drop in conversion of a standard cat into a power cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Strutz View Post
    .....I was more intrigued by their concept of using drop stitch floors for the structural members, and how this idea might be used for other applications. How about an inflatable raft or cat frame? Or a drop in conversion of a standard cat into a power cat?
    Shhhhhh......

:-))
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay