Thread: What's this raft worth ?

Default What's this raft worth ?

Did some airboat hauling for a guy gave me this as part trade as he was leaving the state. It has no name 14 x6 with oar frame and foot pump. I do not need it what's it worth ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Udisco?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Did some airboat hauling for a guy gave me this as part trade as he was leaving the state. It has no name 14 x6 with oar frame and foot pump. I do not need it what's it worth ?
    Looks like an old Udisco or something comparable. Pretty old boat too; I would grab the first $100 you can get for it.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks Mike

Default worth

...and if it is only worth that amount, then keep it.
    Keep it if you have the storage space. If you, the kids, and the grandkids use it only one time in the future, it is worth keeping.

Because of its age and condition, it probably should not be your choice for a week on Lake Creek, or some other remote river. But one weekend on the Kenai in late Sept, or a float day on a local lake, would be fun and cheap with that river veteran.

dennis

Default Another Idea

Dennis got me to thinking... you might also consider donating it to a church camp or scout camp. Get a receipt and you've got a tax writeoff!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default old raft

am sure Mike is right about the raft being a Udisco- I built the frame back in the early 80's - which still has AKASKA WILDWATER's life time warranty. He has the straps on the wrong bars. A 16" cooler should fit fine. The frame itself goes for $300 now and weighs about 20#. Made me happy to see her.
    good luck

Talking Reunited

What a great forum.
    Goeaux reunited with a past rafting fling, a frame he built, through a random internet posting. Imagine that. What a great internet, and forum.

dennis
    ak tags

First thing I thought when I opened that picture was, "Hey. The straps are on the wrong side. What are they thinking?"

These are fun old boats, and the frame is a simple, practical design.

Thanks for all the info put it on Craiglist for $300 sold it in 3 hours

Default old stuff

And the beat goes on!!!

I have an identical boat, sans the rubber oarlocks. Mine has a "Sunshine Mountain Products" label. I bought it for $600 from Gary King's around 1986 and have used it at least once every year since them. It blows up tight as a drum but does weep a bit through the floor over the years. With 23 years of faithful service on mediorce whitewater it's hard to justify giving it up and shelling out a couple thousand for a new one in a pretty color. I figure I'd only get $400 tops for this one with a cooler seat.