Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May God forgive them...

Default May God forgive them...

For they know not, the ignorance of their ways!

That is just sad.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

To be THAT ignorant, I figger they had to WORK at it.

May God kick'em in the right place.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Stupid!!!!!!

But keeps gun makers in business!

Sad that they think it does anything but get more guns made.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Anyone know where that is from?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Unhappy to me it...

Looks like election day in a 3rd world country. Couldn't happen here in the USA, could it?

Looks like Pakistan. They had that fighting with the Taliban last week. My guess is these are it. I am all for the Taliban Gun Ban.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Looks like election day in a 3rd world country. Couldn't happen here in the USA, could it?
    Nope. that only comes after the president has control of the senate, and congress

Quote Originally Posted by Hope and Change my * View Post
    Nope. that only comes after the president has control of the senate, and congress
    and Supreme Court....

Default OR

Martial LAW !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

or UN treaty??

Angry PhotoSHOP!

& if you guys can't see that, well then...I guess I can't hep ya...

what a shame! but like it was already said, it keeps the gun makers in bussines

If that is a photo shop creation, then that is the one of the best fakes I have ever seen. Look at all the clear lines on the weapons over the street. That kind of cropping detail would take a ton of hours. The shadows match up and the depth of field is perfect. It is even credited, which obviously is easy, but rarely done on a joke photo. I can’t enlarge it to swear by it, but if that is a photo shop creation; I would hire the guy that did it in a heart beat. gogoalie, I would like to hear how it was done, because I just don't see it. Again I can't enlarge it to look at pixels, but it passes my tests at the resolution I see.

And my God will never die in a forest or anywhere else for that matter!

Shrop, you know what cloning can do in Photoshop? If there were only 1/4 of the guns shown, all you'd have to do is create a clone stamp & resize it, paste it then, to match the prespective...not to hard...

Not hard to imagine, lots of composites out there are passing for actual, especially when the imaging software improves.

I should have stated "My photoshop sense is tingling!" or "I sense a disturbance in the Photoshop force!"

My sig line hit a raw nerve with you EKC???
    Last edited by gogoalie; 05-09-2009 at 19:49. Reason: grammer

gogoalie, I'll give a maybe on that, but I donít see a repeating pattern. I can tell you that I have seen that many weapons piled up and destroyed. So since I have seen it, maybe I am just not as shocked, so I take it at face value easier.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    And my God will never die in a forest or anywhere else for that matter!
    amen, He died on a tree but that only lasted a couple days.

Not "photoshop" at all. This kind of weapon round up and destroy happens all over the planet on a regular basis. Have even seen video of events just like the one pictured.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default In person?

Quote Originally Posted by akshrop View Post
    gogoalie, I'll give a maybe on that, but I donít see a repeating pattern. I can tell you that I have seen that many weapons piled up and destroyed. So since I have seen it (boldface added), maybe I am just not as shocked, so I take it at face value easier.
    It would be easy to put most of the Photoshop discussion to rest if it is your testimony that you actually were a first-hand witness (not video, but standing on the same ground) with date, time, distance and surrounding circumstances (unless, of course, military secrecy mandates - and I am not joking about that- in which case, I understand).

I believe the "swords into plowshares" is not just a biblical tale and have witnessed newspaper accounts of the progression of gun "buyback" programs, from first offers to accounts of the destruction or dumping of the guns (I remember one account of the plan to take such a gathering of arms into ocean waters and dump them.) If I had thought to keep newspaper clippings or even just to note time, place and date, I would post them, but alas, I had no idea I would be interested is such details at the time.

But this picture does look like so much eyewash if the roller is the end of it. I can imagine that a significant proportion of the guns left behind would still be perfectly serviceable. I would love to have the scrap metal concession for that operation. Think of all the undamaged spare parts.

Of course if the roller was just a photo-op and the real destruction by melting was carried out later, that's another story. Just not as fancy for the politicians.

Yeah, I tend to believe the picture. Even if it is faked, the sentiment is no less real. And no less spurious.

Lost Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast