Thread: Tangle Ice

Default Tangle Ice

I've done a search and didn't see a good answer to my question, so here goes.

Does anyone have a good date range for the ice to be gone from Tangle Lakes? I'd like to make an early run (late May, early June) all the way through and get some fishing in.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Default i doubt it

I usually fish Paxson lake in the first week of June and sometimes there is still ice chunks floating around. I think Tangle lakes is higher elevation so I dont think it would free of ice until at least mid June. Thats usually when Summit lake goes out.

A couple of years ago i went camoing there the first or second week of June and it was totally ice free

Thanks for the heads up gent's. I'll look at early to mid June for my first float thru there then.

try contacting the BLM in glennallen. they should know.

Default paxson

I always call the Paxson Lodge or it might be called Paxson roadhouse or something. I call them to find out if the ice is out on Paxson and Summit before I head up. They may know the conditions of the Tangle lakes as well.

Arrow Blybrook

I just sent you a pm
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Lightbulb

99% of the time the ice on summit lake is 12 june...i did the tangle thing 10 years ago one time ,...the 1st lake was open went across there..... hiked the 1/4 mile+ with the 15hp ob on my shoulder.. the kids took some gear... then the 19' gunman.. just to watch the ice in the 2nd lake "blow in" cover better than 1/2 + and blocking the end of the path/lanch spot ....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Based on a phone call to the lodge a few minutes ago, the ice went out 2 days ago.

Time to go Fishin!