Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailers! Trailers! Trailers!

Default Trailers! Trailers! Trailers!

Who's got what and what makes it the best EVER (or what would you change). Post some pics so we can all get some ideas.

Should be picking mine up today or tomorrow!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Default Meat Trailers

Talking meat/utility trailers for your 4 wheelers. Not to haul your 4wheelers.
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Default Tub

I have a big tub on top of a frame. I bought it from some military guy for $200, but I overloaded it and the tounge broke off. Turns out it is made out of thin steel that was a little rusted. I had karolds weld it back together but have not got to test it out again yet. Other than that its great I can fill ful of stuff and I made a lid for it I can put a boat on.

The PakRat trailers are the best I have used, I had one for about 4-5 years then I ended up selling it because I didn't use it that much. Next trailer I buy will be the double aticulating axle PakRat Outfitter, their spendy but worth it.

Tag-A-Long Trailers - Local builder
    http://www.tagalongak.com/

http://www.atvwagon.com/1600aluminum.html

Larger tub that the Pac-Rat, little cheaper and only 37lbs heavier which is a deal considering it has bigger dimensions.

AK Dealers.
    http://www.atvwagon.com/cgi-bin/csvsearch.cgi?field6=AK
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Alaska Tundra Tuff

Check out this youtube video of the Alaska Tundra Tuff trailer. About two minutes into the video it gets rather interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJebefHsVg

Personally, I have a Tag-A-Long 48x96FW model. I like it except for the fact that outside dimensions are 51" wide and the Talkeetna Bridge is only 48" wide - I have a cabin on Clear Creek and can't get the trailer to it. I'm thinking about having Tag-A-Long make some skis for me this year so that I can swap the tires for skis and pull it with the snowmachines to the cabin this winter.

I have a Plaschem Pac-Rat Outfitter and absolutely love it.

Default Picture

Found a pic that I had here at work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna_fish View Post
    Check out this youtube video of the Alaska Tundra Tuff trailer. About two minutes into the video it gets rather interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJebefHsVg

IMO the beam on these is too weak and will bend under a side load. I built mine using 2x2 for the beam. I also wanted more clearance and gave up the ability for the axle to do a full roll. Not a very good pic.

Any body else have comments on what they use or prefer?

I'm looking at the tag-along aluminum ones v. the Pac Rats. I know many that have the Pacs and LOVE them, but I'm concerned on their holding up to a good pounding. Aluminum just seems more durable. yeah, they are more expensive, but if they last longer....
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Here's mine that I had built to my specs. The receiver on top of the tongue is so I can use my winch to pull the moose straight in the trailer.

Default Which One

Which one did you go with Dan? I live in Fairbanks and wondering what the options are localy? I have seen the Greer trailers and the ATV Wagons. Anything else available up here?

Ryan

BC steve what are you using to line the inside of the frame with in the second picture? is it an aluminum drop in or plasitic liner? 1 piece or multiple panels. That looks like a realy slick setup!

It's just goo 'ol half inch plywood primed and painted.

Default Trailer preference

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan22 View Post
    Any body else have comments on what they use or prefer?

I'm looking at the tag-along aluminum ones v. the Pac Rats. I know many that have the Pacs and LOVE them, but I'm concerned on their holding up to a good pounding. Aluminum just seems more durable. yeah, they are more expensive, but if they last longer....

Whatever you do at least get a tandem axle with some kind of walking beam.

I'm so convinced of the pac-rats durability that for a small fee and refundable deposit ($500 deposit and $30 per day) I'll let you borrow my pac-rat and you can see for yourself. I'm using mine a bunch between now and October, but there maybe a time frame when I'm not using it.

PM me. That goes for anyone on here that wants to test out the Pac-Rat outfitter.

The pics are of my family. I take the lid off and they ride in the trailer. My wife says it's more comfortable that riding double on the wheeler.
    Last edited by 1S1K; 07-21-2009 at 10:33. Reason: added pics

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    The PakRat trailers are the best I have used, I had one for about 4-5 years then I ended up selling it because I didn't use it that much. Next trailer I buy will be the double aticulating axle PakRat Outfitter, their spendy but worth it.
    I agree 100%. I have the tandem axle version, it can take a beating.

Default Take A Look

Quote Originally Posted by RCBOWHUNTER View Post
    Over priced and heavy. Looks like the ones I have built. His ads state "starting at" 699. Pictured is a tandem with gas holder, but later shows a single axle with no holder. Either build your own, or go with an aluminum bodied one or packrat. Go with a tandem axle as well. They cost more up front, but will last forever and you will never regret the tandem axle.

If I was to commission the construction of a new trailer today... My first stop would be to buy the biggest sturdiest cooler I could get (within reason). This would be the basis for all my other decisions. the trailer would be designed w/ a T shape and in a manner that my new super sturdy cooler would slide perfectly down in the bottom between the wheels and form a flat load floor. Basically filling the bottom of the "T". The construction would probably be aluminum and likely w/ an aluminum diamond plate sealed top and a railing system around it to lash on even more gear. I would use the walking beam tandem axles and ideally have matching size if not identical tires and wheels as the wheeler I am towing it with.

That sounds like the same thing I would be as the peerfect trailer as well LUJON. The only thiing I think you forgot to mention I a holder on the outside of it for a 6 gallon gas can! The dimensions for the trailer I last built was derived by taking 4 action packers and setting them in a square. Makes for a pretty large trailer, but works well for where I generally use that trailer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast