Thread: Carberator Blues...

Default Carberator Blues...

The oldest son went R/T and fetched the Younger son, who is living in the next village over, and came back all OK.....

I went about 5 miles and it wouldnt stay lit, unless I was at 1/2 choke....Hmmmmm gas problems?

I got home well enough, but couldnt fighure any thing "New" so I quit and started yesterday evening, as I was too busey, all overagin, cold.
    Cleaned it up and took the carbs apart several times and put a new fuel pump on...no good.
    It fires up but stayed on one side, untill its revved or put on 1/2 choke, amnd runs fine.....
    If its let lower off the choke, it snaps and bangs, and then, Dammit, a backfire blew smoke out from behind my clutch.....blew the seal.

Had a quite day before lunch and I just gotta go get a boat from camp so I can ride the Spring braek up and hunt for Muskrats and Beavers...
    So we ate lunch and then took out said motor and changed the crank seals, as I had a set already. Put it all back, checked the gas system and letter rip...snap crackle pop..... runs great on 1/2 choke, so I know its the carbs.
    Now to thourly clean them inna morning.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Ahhhhh.....sooo much better

A synq'd carb, a new roller and seals and shes hot to trot, so were almost gone.....

Did you find any water in the bottom of the case?
    Indy trail was doing the very same thing and ended up draining the case.
    Also found a bunch of junk in the drain tube on one side.

Whats on the pto side bearings?

Thats realy oily gas on the PTO side berings, and in the case.....we add 1/2 a quart to the tank full to keep it cool in this warm weather. When we shut it off there was a bit inthe case yet.

There was no water, just the bum seal and the plugged jet that leaned it out and heated it up, and ruined the seal. Sometimes the plug wouldnt let gas in at all, sometimes it had the needle held up, just a pice of plastic shaving from the airbox....

Today was cold, and the puddles refroze, and the water is almost off the river ice, so we waited an extra day, just to be dry.
    Were jet set for morning, and were off to fetch a boat, look over some Bears and catch a few Geese.

I'll let you kno whow it gos, if we gos....~~LOL!!~~