Thread: Bashake in the motor

Default Bashake in the motor

Was out cruising my boat around today. I have a new to me jet on it.

So if I start out on throttle easy and get up to about half power all is well. as soon as I go past that the motor realy shakes for a miniute or two then evens out and runs fine.

If I am standing still and slam the throttle home it just jumps up and down.

I took the jet unit off and the drive shaft has a good 1/8 or so inch of play moving it around like a video game joy stick.

Does that mean my bearings are shot and that is what is shaking the motor up and down?

title should say "Bad Shake in Motor". Stupid laptop keyboard!

Sorry this off subject but were did you find water lake or river if lake which one i want to break in my new boat here really bad. As for you motror maybe it missing but i'm not a boat mech. to really give an honset answer here. thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    title should say "Bad Shake in Motor". Stupid laptop keyboard!

I launched at high tide down at ship creek. I drove around in the inlet and up ship creek aways. If you drive out to the mouth there is a ramp. It says closed till may 15 but we called the port and they said it was o.k. but at your own risk. They have not put the docks in yet though.

It was fairly busy there and slow going cause of the lack of docks.

Theres an idea for tomorrow thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I launched at high tide down at ship creek. I drove around in the inlet and up ship creek aways. If you drive out to the mouth there is a ramp. It says closed till may 15 but we called the port and they said it was o.k. but at your own risk. They have not put the docks in yet though.

It was fairly busy there and slow going cause of the lack of docks.

Sounds like a fuel problem. Loosen the cap on your gas tank, vent might be broke and creating a vacuum. My 95' 25hp johnson did that a few years back out on the river, took a week of screwing with everything till i ran it with out the fuel cap on the tank. Hope you get it figured out.

Rob